Chapter 77: Yes, Ma'am!

Epona's POV:

I stood next to Harry in the front of the room. Harry had gotten everybody's attention, and most of them looked confused. Whispers filled the room, and I cleared my throat loudly. Harry took a few steps back, and I stood in the middle.

"I'm sure you all remember me." I said, eyeing up the crew, "The girl they call monster when she passes by, the girl who has the ability to light or burn out anything she touches. That's how you all see me, right? The crazy older sister of Harry Potter."

There were mumbles, and I stared pacing back and forth in front of them, keeping eye contact, "But there are things I've been through that all of you over look. Fifteen years ago, I was put in a coma by the man who murdered my parents and attempted murder on my brother and I. And now, he's, Voldemort-" I heard and saw the cringes in the crowd at the name, "Oh, come on! Look at yourselves! You say you're here to defend yourself against the Dark Arts? Against evil wizards and witches? Yet you're all to scared to say the name of the worst of them all!"

I stamped my foot down, raising my voice, "Last year, was a horrible year for me. Even before he came back, there was already a monster here. And it wasn't me. I was raped and by my ex boyfriend. I have to live with those memories for the rest of my life. Every time I'm alone in my room, every time I walk down a dark hallway, I see his face. I avoided saying his name because I knew it would take me back to those times. But now, I realize, that I was letting him still have power over me by being scared of his name.

"Nothing anybody does will take back what happened to me, but I cannot let Phineas Brown have power over me anymore! I will turn all my scars into something that pushes me to fight! To fight so that no one will have to go through what I had to." Tears pooled at my eyes, "And now I'm telling you; the first step to courage, is to speak the name of the most evil man out there. Otherwise he has all the power. The very thing we're trying to take away, he'll have. And I want you to say it with me:

"GO TO FUCKING HELL, VOLDEMORT!"