Chapter 62: I Should Stop

Epona's POV:

"I should really stop thinking about it." I said, picking at my food.

Ron shrugged, "It's like Hermione said. Trelawney's a loon." 

I sighed, "Yeah, I know it's just...What does that even mean? That I'm going to burn like fire? Is she saying I'm going to die?"

Harry snorted, "Please, she's been predicting my death since I got here." I gave him a dry look and he smiled reassuringly, "Trust us. She's just insane."

"I should believe you guys, but..." All three of them groaned, "That second sight shit she has is a real thing. Turns out the first witch girl to ever have it died when she was seventeen. Her name was Lucinda Slytherin. And apparently she was so strong with it people started calling her The Oracle."

Hermione gave me a confused look, "I've never heard of her. From what I've read, Salazar Slytherin only had one daughter-"

Just then, Nearly Headless Nick appeared, "Oh no. They only say that for Luci's protection."

We all jumped, then Harry asked, "What do you mean for her protection?"

"She was the, not-favored child to say the least. She wasn't sorted into Slytherin, or really any house. They decided that she'd wear a colorless uniform until they decided what to do with her. Only when she was thirteen and had already started giving predictions did they put her in Slytherin because that was her sister's house and named after her father." He shrugged, "Then she was murdered when she was seventeen by her boyfriend because she was pregnant."

"Oh my god...That's horrible." Hermione gasped, her hand going up to her mouth.

"Oh, it doesn't end there. People had been scared of her because Lucinda never exactly told people what they wanted to hear. Sure, she told them the truth, but hearing your future and not having it the way you want isn't fun. And then, Lucinda turned into a ghost. Things only got bad around seventeen years ago. Hell of a coincidence.

"Anyways, Lucinda fell in love with a Gryffindor, who's name, " Nick hushed his voice for only us to hear, " is Sirius Black."

I sat straight up. So I was right. There was more to the story than Sirius was telling me. I pushed, "What happened?"

Nick rubbed the back of his head, "You see, Black started plotting things to see if he could bring her back to life. So they could be together, because he loved her. But Dumbledore found out, and forced them not to see each other anymore. To prevent the pain that Lucinda would never be alive again to be worse for the both of them. And Lucinda one day decided she wanted to check up on her former 'friend', but saw him kissing another girl.

"It broke her heart, and she went on a rampage. She started telling everyone their worst possible futures, and it drove kids mad. It got so bad, Dumbledore had to trap her in the Slytherin dormitories. She hasn't been out of them since."

"That's horrible." Ron said, but even I could tell the three of them were still hung up on Sirius Black being the love interest of a powerful witch and never told anyone. Maybe besides being in prison for the past twelve years, that was a reason he was still single. He's still in love with a ghost.

Nick continued, "I was just telling you because you should be warned that having second sight is indeed real, and just because it isn't what you want to hear doesn't mean it's not true."

When we walked down to the Gryffindor dorms, Harry went on a tangent, "Why didn't he tell me?"

"Did you ever care to ask?" I asked him, and he just looked at me.

Hermione broke the silence, "Listen. Maybe he didn't want to talk about it because she went crazy and it's hard to think about."

"I disagree." All three heads turned to me, "In our fourth year, I asked him about a girl named Lucinda, because her name popped in my head when thinking about him. I didn't know who she was at the time. He had a sad and longing look in his eye when he talked about her. I think it's just painful that she's not there with him."

We had an argument, and I just decided to leave. I had to attend Draco's Quidditch practice anyways. When I got to the field, everyone was already dressed and ready to go. I smiled and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Hey boys, hope I'm not intruding on anything." I smiled and laughed as I sat down on a bench facing the court. 

Graham Montague smirked, "Of course you aren't. Just don't distract my seeker. Or anyone else on the team, for that matter."

I smiled brightly, "Little 'ol me? I would never dare distract anyone from doing their thing. Plus, I find it hot when I see the wind messing up the hair of my boyfriend."

Draco smirked, leaning on his broom, "It should be you doing that."

I winked and laughed, "Now Now, I promised your Captain that I wouldn't get in the way. I might have to leave if you don't get flying. And I would hate it if I couldn't see you play without interruption."

Warrington grinned, "Let's not disappoint the lady then."

I watched as they practiced, and it was quite entertaining. They were actually quite good, they have the drive to win. But the problem is how cocky they are. If they were a little less cocky and focused more on coordinating as a team, then they'd have a chance at beating Gryffindor. But let's face it, there's no way these guys will ever be less arrogant.

It's just part of being a Slytherin. We're confident and cocky as shit. Can you blame us? I mean, I'm just gaining my confidence back after Phineas took it away from me. I still feel like shit about myself, but I know at least I'm worth something.

Even if Trelawney's words will stay in my head. Because what if she didn't mean I'm going to die from burning...

But that I'm going to kill by burning?