Chapter 11: All Eyes On Me

Epona's POV:

Long story short, I almost threw up on a boat ride and now I'm standing in a castle, regaining myself from nausea.  I had to go with the first years since I'm new. I also have to be the last person to be sorted because I'm new and not a first year. Let me tell you, I'm not tall, but damn was I like a giant in a sea of eleven year old children.

We stood in the dining hall, in between two tables. On my right were Gryffindor and Slytherin, and on my left were Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. I heard about the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin, so  maybe I would want to be in the other two. Not like I really know anything about any of the houses, so any would also be fine. Though, Harry and his friends were Gryffindors, and I feel like I wanna have him close by.

I felt a cold stare, coming at me from the right. I looked past the Gryffindor table and to the Slytherin. There he sat. That cold blond. His grey eyes pretty much bored into my soul. I gulped, and I could tell he noticed because his mouth twisted into a small smirk, and he winked. I quickly looked away, and most of the students had been called.

Jeez, how long was I looking at him? Then there were four. Then three. Then two. Then one.

And finally, it was my turn.

"Potter, Epona!" I heard my name called and I stepped up, sitting down in the chair on the stage.

All eyes were on me, and whispers filled the room. Glares were shot my way, and not so friendly looks.

"Hmm...witty like a Ravenclaw, with courage of a Gryffindor, after all, you are a Potter....Oh? But you are much more bold and clever...." The hat spoke. Wouldn't say it was the weirdest thing.

"SLYTHERIN!" 

It was quiet for a moment, until the green and silver table started cheering. I looked at Harry, and I saw disappointment on his face. I looked away, and walked towards the Slytherin table, trying to find somewhere to sit. Draco moved a bit, and I sat in between him and a brown haired girl. I sighed.

I couldn't look at Harry. He was disappointed in me. Not to mention all the whispers. Malfoy didn't even say a word to me. Not even as I got insulted by the girl next to me. Asshole. I pushed my food around with my fork.

"Are you actually Harry Potters twin?" The girl asked.

"Yes."

"What's wrong with your skin?"

"It's a condition that causes parts to have less pigmentation."

"Is it contagious?"

"No." 

"Are you sure? I don't want become ugly."

I groaned, "Yes, I'm quite sure."

"I see you didn't work hard on your appearance today."

"Not like I could."

"Nice to know that there are some ugly girls out there who know their place." 

I clenched my fists underneath the table, and flicked my head to face her, "I'm glad to know that's you, pig face."

I heard snickers from around me as her face turned bright red, "I don't expect that you know any actual insults. Seeing as how you were in a coma."

I yawned, "Is that your comeback? Wow. I thought kids at Hogwarts would be smarter."

A bunch of people started ,"oohh!"-ing and it was annoying. 

"Oh please, everyone knows that you're supposed to be dead!" She yelled a bit, and the whole table went silent. 

All heads turned to the girl and I. I didn't say anything. Not for a while. I knew everyone was waiting to see my response. I got up, stepped away from the table, and smiled.