Chapter 67: How Did You Do That?

Epona's POV:

I sighed, sitting in the Library working on my essay for Umbridge. Harry and the rest of them were off to the DA, which I was going to go with them, but something told me otherwise. I had a bad feeling about it for a while. Winter break was nearing, and I've been tempted to try and steal back my sewing machine to make my friends something for the Holidays. 

Instead, I decided to go with my sewing kit instead, getting the fabrics I could from August and others. I also picked up metal working, which is pretty fun. I need to melt the metal to form it, so being a pyromancer comes in handy.

Anyways, I'm still working on my essay, writing line after line about the chapters we've read about in our textbooks. Though, I'm putting my own little spin on it and making it more like a story of events rather than just a plain, "this is what my textbook says" kinda thing.

I slammed my head down on the table, groaning. My hand was cramping from all the writing I've been doing. I've been writing the past three hours. I took a deep breath, grabbing the bottle of Advil from my pocket. I took two with my glass of water. It hope Draco is doing well. Knowing him he's getting himself into shit with my brother or other innocent people.

Maybe he's taunting those Hufflepuff girls again. It's one of his new hobbies. All the girls that still swoon over him, he's been messing with their heads. Telling them how cute they are, but they'll never be good enough for even his pinkie finger. You know, leading them on and dropping them because he finds it funny when they cry.

Kinda fucked up. But I love it.

Fuck those girls if they think they can make moves on my boyfriend. Especially if they think he'd cheat on me for them. The guy literally saved me from death twice already. Don't think he'll be leaving anytime soon. 

I also may have lit their hair on fire as I walked past them. Not my fault. They were the ones glaring at me when Draco winked and bit his lip as I walked by. They were asking for a little heat. Merlin, my life is fucked up.

In all honesty, I would love to be friends with as many people as I can. I like being nice to others. It makes me feel nice on the inside. Not as much as when Draco looks at me, and I know that I'm his, but it's pretty close. I tried explaining to Harry that I love Draco by comparing it to his crush on Cho, but that didn't end too well. I mean, he used the argument that Cho is a good person.

I had to tell him that people are attracted to different things, and my attraction just turned out to be pricks. You know, the cruel, arrogant, obviously believes that they're better than everyone else because they're rich and hot as hell and they know it. 

Even Harry admitted that Draco is hot. I mean, hate him or not there's no denying it.

Just facts.

I got up, shoving the papers in my messenger bag, and walked out into the halls. I smiled and waved hello to the people I passed, and they greeted me as well. I hummed to myself as I walked. It was a bit dimly lit, but it usually gets that way around dinner. I noticed two girls whispering to each other as I walked past, and I froze when they yelled out to me.

"Hey Potter! How's it feel to be Draco Malfoy's fuck buddy?" The girls voice called, and I spun around.

"What?" I asked, my voice came out as more of a growl.

They smirked at one another, "Oh? You didn't hear? Draco fucked Merri in an empty classroom the other day. Been doing it awhile so everyone's heard."

I just stood there for a moment, my brow furrowed. What...? He wouldn't... I looked at my hands, which had started shaking.

One of the girls put her hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry, we don't think you're a slut or anything." They walked away leaving me there.

I shouldn't trust what they say. I know I shouldn't. But why does it feel so...true? I know I'm not worth his time, his anything. Images of Phineas kept flashing through my head, over and over again, and I fell to my knees. 

"no...no...no...Please leave me alone." I cried, shaking.

I don't know how long it had been, but I heard voices coming towards me, and I stood up, looking like a deer in headlights. When I saw it to be Draco, Blaise, Pansy and Crabbe and Goyle, anger flooded through me. Those four probably knew. And Draco...He lied to me.

He told me he loved me. I should've known that that wasn't true.

Draco smiled as he saw me, "Darling! Hello, I've missed you! You weren't at dinner. I was starting to worry-" He had gotten close to me and I decked him.

He dropped like a sack of potatoes and Pansy yelped. I looked at the rest of them, tears running down my face, "Don't...Don't come near me. You lying pieces of shit!" I yelled.

I stormed away down the hallway, and I skipped dinner, heading straight for my dorm. Whispers followed me all the way there, and I ignored Cassia and August's calls for me. I didn't care. I just wanted to cry. And punch more things. And burn things.

My eyes fell onto shard of metal on my desk. I promised Draco I wouldn't do it anymore...but I guess not all promises need to be kept, right? He didn't keep his, so why should I keep mine?

Then, there was a flash of blue light and a redheaded girl appeared in front of me. 

"Don't, Epona Potter. Nothing is how it seems right now. The dragon is framed, gossip for revenge." Her eyes were pleading, "Do not let the rumors change you. Do not let doubt cloud your thoughts. Dragons may be liars, but they once they claim something as theirs, they don't leave it behind or ever let someone take it."

Then, like that, the girl was gone. I stared at where she was for a moment, very confused. Was she trying to say that maybe Draco didn't cheat on me? That people are just trying to get to me. But what was that last part about dragons not letting go of something they claim as their thing?

Who was that? Why did she speak in riddles? Why did she have the glow of a ghost but have color like a person? 

I turned my attention back to the shard of metal, and picked it up. But this time, it wasn't to cut my skin. I lit my hand to glow an orange red, and put the metal in my hand. It can be a reminder, but not something that can hurt me anymore.

I can't let myself be hurt anymore.

I won't let myself be hurt anymore.

And fuck those people trying to get me to break up with my boyfriend. I love him, and he's fought for me before. He said he loved me in front of the whole school. Then, my eyes widened, and I stifled a laugh.

 I should probably say sorry for punching him in the face.