Chapter 5: Wow, Didn't Think You'd Lie

Epona's POV:

"What the hell, Harry!?" I yelled as I yanked my wrist away from his grasp.

"What were you doing with him? How do you even know him!?" He growled, his expression angry.

"That's none of your business!" I glared at him, then continued, "It's my life!"

"No! I can't trust you to be alone, Effie! Especially not with that Malfoy! I can never tell when you're going to have another one of your stupid, annoying, episodes!" Harry yelled back at me, and I cringed.

"Excuse me?" I froze. His eyes widened, realizing what he said.

"E-Effie, I-I didn't mean it like that-" He reached out for me and I slapped him.

I looked at the ground, "Get the hell away from me. Obviously I'm just some annoying embarrassment to you. So I might as well get out of your hair."

The Weasley's walked out for the game, and saw us glaring at one another.

I smiled at them, "If you would excuse me, I need to go for a bit."

"What about getting to the stadium, and out seats?" Hermione asked, and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Pretty sure I can figure it out myself." I said, turning around and walking away.

I found an empty area a little far away from the stadium. The match hadn't even started yet and the noise was enough to rupture my eardrums.

I felt someones arm brush against mine as they sat down next to me. I looked beside me to see none other than, Draco Malfoy. I didn't say anything for a moment, only wondered why he would sit next to me, and not be in the seats he got at the stadium for the game.

He raised an eyebrow, "Nothing to say to me, Epona?"

"I prefer Effie."

"I know."

I smiled and shook my head, "Why are you here?"

"Is this not public property? If it's not, I should asking you what you're doing here and not with your brother." He joked a reply.

I sighed, "Because he thinks I'm a freak. And he's right. Something isn't right with my head. But I know I'm not crazy. It's like I'm not even in control of my life." He didn't say anything, so I continued, "It's like everyone has a path planned out for me. Well, more like no one knows what to do with me. I already know I should be dead."

Draco made a noise, "Epona, you shouldn't care what your brother, or anyone else thinks of you. Do what makes you happy. And fuck them if they don't like it. Because in the end, it's yourself that you have to live with."

I looked at him, so he kept talking, and put his hand on my face, "And if you ask me, Potter is nothing but a powerful wizard wannabe jerk off. So I wouldn't care what he says if I were you."

I laughed. I punched his arm, "You shouldn't talk about the famous, Harry Potter that way. Might get yourself in trouble."

He leaned in close to my face, "Oh please, Epona, I am trouble."

I leaned in close back, "That's so cringey, Draco. What else are you gonna say? Something corny I suppose?"

"You wish. Of course, we could take things a little further if you want to." Draco smirked.

I felt my cheeks get red and I smiled, "And by further do you mean further from here and going in to the stadium. I hear yelling like the game is about to start."

Draco pouted, "Not what I was thinking, but I have an extra seat next to me."

I sighed, standing up, "Sadly, Harry's probably going to make me sit with him-"

THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL-

"Speak of the devil." I groaned as Draco snickered.

"That's your ring tone?" He poked and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Effie, where are you? The game is about to start. Do I need to come get you?" Harry asked from over the phone and Draco pointed a finger at his open mouth and made a gagging expression.

I held back a laugh, "Nah, it's all good. I'm going to sit with a friend."

"Is it Malfoy? Because I'm telling you, Effie, he's no good."

"Calm down. It's not Draco Malfoy. Promise." I said as I crossed my fingers behind my back.

"Alright. But I want to see you soon, OK?  You have to sit with me for a bit-"

"OK OK! Bye." I said and hung up, putting the phone in my pocket.

Draco put his hands in his pockets and walked next to me. He had that stupid but attractive smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He laughed a bit, "I didn't think you were the type to lie."

"Well, there's a lot you don't know about me." I replied, smirking back at him.

He leaned in so close I could feel his warm breath against my ear, "I can't wait for the surprise."

Draco's POV:

Okay, I'll admit, I did tell myself I wouldn't do anything or risk getting close to her. But I can't help it. I also can't tell whether she's flirting or it's just me, and she's just really oblivious. No way she's as good as she is at flirting on purpose though. She just woke up from a fourteen year long coma.

Then again, this girl continues to surprise me. She's not like Harry Potter at all. Despite all the things he wants he to do and say and be like, Epona's her own person.

I find it very hot.

Everything about her is hot. FUCK! OK OK. Everything will be fine. As long as I don't fall for her, I can just shamelessly flirt and everything will be fine.

Epona will completely fall for me. Who wouldn't? I mean, especially her. We're perfect for each other. No one can deny that.

I felt a smile creep onto my face as I backed away from her ear to see her bright red face. I held back a laugh.

"Your seats better be good, Draco. O-Otherwise I'll go back to my brother." She huffed.

"Whatever you say, Kitty."

Her head flung towards me, glaring, "Don't call me that!"

I laughed, "Oh now I'm going to. Your face is priceless."

"Shut up!" She yelled and smacked my arm.

This is going to be fun.