Chapter 10: Sorry If I Throw Up On You

Epona's POV:

I groggily followed Harry and the Weasley's to the train station, where they stood in between the platforms of nine and ten. I yawned, then blinked a couple times.

"What're we doin'?" I slurred my words. I had stayed up all night working on a sketch. Probably wasn't the best decision on my part. I also was looking up words and reading e-books. I want to know more about this world.

Harry smiled, "Why, we're going to platform 9 3/4."

I looked for a sign, then I internally smacked myself, "Magic?"

"Yep." He grinned and I groaned. He continued, and pointed to a brick wall, "You should really get a running head start before you try and pass through. Just focus on getting to the platform, and you should be good."

I stared him dead in the eye, and in a serious tone said, "If I face plant that wall, it's your head."

"You won't" George grinned.

"Probably." Fred added, and the twins laughed.

I sighed, and took a deep breath. I can do this. I tightened my grip on the cart that was holding my suitcase, and I stared at the wall. Then, I ran right at it. I braced myself for impact, but I never hit anything. I skidded to a stop in a busy train station.

I felt a hand on my back, "Welcome to the Hogwarts Express." Harry patted my back and started walking. I swiftly followed him and the rest of the group.

I stepped aboard the train and sat down in the same booth as Harry, Hermione and Ron. I stood up, and walked to the restroom because they told me it'd be smart if I changed into my uniform. So I did. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing. Nor fashionable. I mean, god, who puts a gray v neck sweater over top of a white button up and plain ass black knee length skirt? Thank the stars I get a new one when I get a house. Not that the rest of them seemed to have their uniforms modified from this... well, disaster. Luckily, I brought some extra clothes with me. 

I put on black tights underneath the skirt, tossed the gray sweater in my bag, and grabbed a veiled rose -shade of pink- coloured sweatshirt, that I tied around my waist. I undid the top two buttons on my shirt and tied my hair up in a ponytail. That's at least a little bit better.

I walked out of the restroom and crashed into someone.

"AcK-!" I yelped, and my hands landed on the persons chest, and I looked up. Fuck.

Draco smirked at me, "Well what the situation we find ourselves in, Epona."

"Shut up." I mumbled, and he raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I sighed, "Why'd you post those pictures? You know I'm self-conscious about my...you know, skin." I felt my cheeks get hot and I rubbed my arm.

He held my chin up with his hand, "Hey, you look great. Don't worry about what these fuckers think. They're all incompetent bastards anyway."

"You need to stop insulting people so much." I added.

"I-"

I put a finger to his mouth, "No excuses." I said, then walked away with a little wave, "See you later, Draco."

I felt his cold grey eyes on me as I walked away. Now, he's obviously mean, but for some reason, it's like it's drawing me in. Like luring me into a burning room. And I love it. I reached our compartment and opened the door. The three looked at me, and I could've sworn Ron's face got red.

"Effie, what've you done to your uniform?" Hermione asked me, curiously.

"Do you like it? It's nothing too complex. I just added some tights and a pink sweater. Oh, and the collar was too tight, so I undid it a couple buttons. It feels more freeing, plus, it looks better. If only it were pants, you know? Tux's look so good. I would love to wear one. Like hot damn, imagine how hot I would be. The confidence, the elegance, the beauty, the serious but not too, the always ready for a party look, oh my stars! I could go on forever."

Hermione laughed a bit, "I think it looks good, but I think once we get to Hogwarts you'll have to change it."

"Yeah because they have a strict dress code." Harry added quickly.

"But these uniforms are so bland...." Then, an idea popped into my head, "Wait, what are all the houses?"

"Um, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Why?" Ron answered.

I pulled out my sketch pad and started drawing. I split the paper in half with a line with one section for boys, and the other for girls. At the top of the paper was each houses name. "I'm designing new uniforms for each of the houses."

"What? But-" Hermione started and I cut her off.

"Yes, I know they'll never be changed to my design, but let a girl dream, will ya?" I responded and kept sketching. Everyone started talking about the World Cup, but I couldn't really care that much for it. Sure it was cool, but not like anything too special. 

Ron had said something and Draco sad, "For the first and last time in your life, Weasley."

I shrunk down in my seat, but still listened to the conversation. 

"Don't remember asking you to join us, Malfoy." Harry said coolly.

Draco ignored him, "Weasley... What is that?" Before Ron could shove his dress robe back into his bag, Draco grabbed it, and started laughing, "Look at this!" He snickered, and while smiling, he looked at Ron, "Weasley, You weren't really thinking of wearing these, were you? I mean, they were fashionable in the early eighteen hundreds-"

"Shut up and give him back the robe, Malfoy." I said, and gave him a cold look.

Draco's eyes widened, and his arm dropped to his side, and Ron snatched the robe back. The group had their eyes glued on Malfoy, and him and his friends left in a huff, slamming the compartment door so hard the glass shattered. Hermione quickly fixed it, and we continued our conversation.

Draco's POV:

I stood there for a moment, staring Epona in the eyes. Did she just tell me to shut up? Her gaze...If looks could kill, I'd be dead on the floor already. And for what? That stupid fucking Weasley. I flicked my eyes towards Weasley as he snatched the robe out of my hands. 

I wanted to punch the smirk off of Potters face. God damn it! I clenched my fist, and slammed the door, walking away. How dare she? Why would she help that arrogant red-head? 

Then it came to me, "Anyways, I like the red haired boy. Ron I think his name is. He's pretty cute.

I threw my fist at my compartment wall. Of course. That asshole wants to steal her from me. Oh, I can play that game if he wants to. I don't care if she's a girl I just met. She's always so warm. And I don't just mean her personality. I mean, she's physically warm. It's so addicting. And I won't have an incompetent rat take that warmth away from me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, sorry for the kinda short chapter. Hope all is well with you. Anyways, another chapter coming soon, I promise. Also, I'll be drawing designs of what Epona's sketches are, so you get to see those too.  Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you have any questions, I'll happily answer them.

Until Next Time, Byeee!