Chapter 70: His Sweater

Third Person POV:

Epona walked through the hallways, her heels clicking against the tile floor. Students heads turned as she passed, and they whispered things to one another. Epona didn't even notice. She was too busy with herself to notice what others around her were doing.

Even if it was Christmas morning and she was looking hotter than ever. She had a dark purple lipstick that was so dark it was just barely recognizable as purple. But it didn't stop it from bringing out her green eyes, which sparkled in the light. Her eyelashes were curled slightly with black mascara, and a green eye shadow that faded, along with her typical eyeliner wing. 

She had sectioned out the front pieces of her hair to hang in her face while the rest of her was in her now signature look; the double dutch braids. Her outfit was what tied it all together. Since it was break, nobody had to wear their uniforms.

Which, Epona hadn't mentioned yet, Umbridge had banned her design the week before break. But back to the topic at hand.

For her top, it was a black turtleneck shirt, which Epona had cut to be a crop top. For bottoms, she had on baggy dark green cargo pants, which she tucked into her black steel toed combat boots. The outfit may or may not have been by the cartoon Kim Possible, who Epona may or may not have had a slight crush on over the summer.

Then it came to differ. There was an unzipped over-sized hoodie falling off her shoulders. The color of the hoodie matched her lipstick, and every now and then she pushed it up over her hand, but it just fell on it again.

Ron was the first of the trio to see her, and his eyes went wide, his cheeks a tint of pink. Epona smiled at her friend, doing a little wave, wiggling her black painted finger nail fingers at him. When she finally reached him, it's like time sped back up to normal speed, yet she was still oblivious to the stares of the people around her.

"Hello, Ronald. How are you?" She asked, still smiling. When he didn't respond for a moment, she got worried, and bit her lip a tiny bit, "Do I look that bad?"

He shook his head no instantly, snapping out of it, "Not at all! You look good, I mean really good. Kinda like Kim Possible." 

Epona grinned, "She was my inspiration." She gave a little twirl, then faced Ron again, "I hope I do the look justice."

Ron smiled back, "You do. You might pull it off better than she does. Two Goddesses have bless me-" He joked, and Epona laughed. Then, he looked at her, nodding his head towards her jacket, "I've never seen you wear that before, though. Did you get it for Christmas?"

Epona nodded, humming cheerfully, "I did. Do you like it? Draco gave it to me. It's his favorite sweater."

Ron raised an eyebrow, "I never pegged Malfoy as a purple kind of guy."

Epona just smiled, walking with Ron to the dining hall, "There's a lot you don't know about him. Well, I love this sweater. It even smells like him." She purred, and she felt a hand on the small of her back.

She froze, and Ron turned around. Blaise leaned down, whispering into her ear.

"Well, look what we have here. Exciting everyone around, are we now, Potter? I get it...Your boyfriend isn't around, and your bored-"

Epona spun around, and she punched Blaise in the face, making him stumble backwards. She lit her hands on fire, slamming her shoulder into his chest, forcing him onto the wall. Her green eyes were glowing from the light of her fire, filled with rage.

She then smiled, her voice sickeningly sweet. She kneed Blaise in the stomach, causing him to drop to his knees wheezing. With her hand still lit, she forced his head up, slamming the back of it against the wall.

"You dare think of your Queen as a slut? A sweet little girl you can take advantage of, right?" Blaise stared up into her eyes, shaking. For once, looking into those beautiful green eyes was scary, "You might be scared of what Draco would do to you if he found out, but it's not him you should be scared of. It's me. Because I am more aggressive, because I am not merciful. I will beat you in the street like a pig and then laugh as you are burned alive."

She leaned down, whispering into his ear, "Do you understand me, Zabini?"

Blaise was shaking, nodding his head.

"Now run little Bunny before I catch you again. Next time I won't let you off." She threw him against the wall, and watched as he stumbled away to Pansy, who looked a mixture of horrified and proud.

Ron snickered a bit as he watched Blaise run, and he brushed his red hair out of his face. 

Epona turned back to Ron, putting a hand on his arm, "Now where were we, Ronald?"

He smirked, "We were just talking about how badass you are."

She laughed a bit, sitting down next to him, and across from Harry and Hermione. Epona leaned her head on his shoulder, laughing along with her friends as they talked about what gifts they got.

Though in her mind, Epona was confused and scared.

The line between her and The Woman was still very much visible, but it was slightly blurry. Not as defined as it had once been. She tried telling herself that it was nothing, and that maybe it meant she was gaining more control over her actions. But what she lacked to tell her friends, even her own brother was that she doesn't even remember writing Umbridge that essay. Or working on her fire power in that classroom all those days. 

Or even last night, when she had told Harry that she was getting stronger. That she'd be better than him one day. 

It was all just a dark space where her memory was supposed to be. But she knew why it was blank. She just doesn't think, no, she knows she can't tell anyone that The Woman has been taking over her body more frequently. There were a couple things that gave Epona hope though. One, The Woman can't completely take over her, only for short bursts. There ware two possible reasons for that. The first is that The Woman needs Epona to be conscious for the majority of the time because The Woman is too weak. Or two, The Woman wants to be able to hide what she's doing from Epona but doesn't want Epona to find out what she's doing.

Though there is a problem.

If The Woman is popping out more often, that means she's getting stronger. Which means at one point she could fully take over. And Two, the one that was more worrying and confusing to Epona,

Why is The Woman getting stronger?