chapter 2 - d r a c o (*)

"Oh this one's interesting. Natalia Edwards-Black yes. Sad I didn't get to sort you when you were a mere 11 year old."

"Your father Sirius was different than his family, he was a Gryffindor. However the rest of your family were Slytherins."

"Gryffindor could work but I don't think it's the right fit. There's got to be a better one."

"Better be..."

"SLYTHERIN!"

When the Sorting Hat placed Natalia into Slytherin, there was shock amongst the crowd. No one had expected her, the daughter of Sirius Black, to be placed into Slytherin.

Harry and the rest of her friends were whispering, trying to figure out what led her to be placed in Slytherin. Maybe the Sorting Hat was wrong. 

Natalia didn't have much shock but she was scared. She didn't want her family to judge her for being placed into Slytherin, especially knowing how much her family despised them. 

What was she going to do?

Instead of focusing on the fact that she was placed into Slytherin, Natalia got up and walked over to the Slytherin table, sitting next to a girl with brown, curly hair that was tied up into a bun.

"Hey I'm Astoria Greengrass," she said, turning over to look at Natalia. "What's your name? You look super familiar."

"I'm Natalia Edwards-Black," Natalia said, looking to see her reaction. Natalia didn't want to be judged for having Sirius as her dad, hoping Astoria wouldn't care.

"Natalia. Well it's nice to meet you Natalia," Astoria said, not paying any attention to her last name or showing any care towards it. Natalia was thankful for that, knowing how much she was worrying.

Natalia was happy to have finally made a friend, especially one that was in the same year as her and one she could get along with. She was just scared of Harry's and the Weasley's reaction. 

What would they say about her house placement?

Natalia knew she had to tell Sirius at some point too, when would that be? She didn't want her dad to be disappointed in her.

At Beauxbatons, Natalia was never able to make any friends. She loved playing pranks, and over there, they were extremely strict about foolish things like that. Natalia absolutely despised that school and was happy that her dad finally let her go to Hogwarts.

Once dinner was finally over, everyone was getting up to follow the Head Boy and Head Girl into the dormitories when Natalia heard a voice calling her. 

"Psst Black," she heard, turning her head towards the blonde boy standing in front of her. He was also dressed in Slytherin robes, but looked slightly younger than her.

"What do you want?" Natalia asked.

"I'm Draco Malfoy," he explained. The last name Malfoy sounded familiar to her, trying to place where she had heard that name before. 

"And why should that concern me?"

"I'm your cousin," he said, making Natalia realize why he was so familar. His mom Narcissa was her aunt who she had met when she was younger.

"Oh right... your mom is Narcissa right?" He nodded. "I think I've met her once, she was actually very nice to me," Lia said while she thought of the memory of Narcissa playing with her when she was around 6 or 7 years old. 

"What do you want from me?" she asked, ridding the thoughts of Narcissa.

"I know everyone thinks I'm this pretentious douche bag or whatever but if there's anything you want or need, just let me know. We're family so I want to make sure you're okay," Draco said, shocking Natalia. She was so used to hearing Harry and his friends complain about Draco and his douche bag tendencies so this was a shock to her.

"Draco Malfoy being nice? Well this is a nice surprise isn't it?" Natalia said, laughing. "Well thank you Draco, I appreciate it."

"I'm tolerating you cause you're family Natalia. Whatever Potter said about me was probably bullshit he made up," he said. "Fuck they're leaving without us. Let's go."

Lia had found out that she was sharing a room with Astoria and was extremely happy. They were lucky enough to have a room that was just the two of them whereas some people were unlucky and were stuck with up to 5 people. 

Natalia had an extremely tiring day so when she got to her room, she didn't even unpack. She fell straight asleep without any concern for what her friends were thinking about this unexpected revelation. 

***

When they heard the Sorting Hat say Slytherin, no one knew what to do. 

"SLYTHERIN?" they heard Harry yell. 

They all knew how excited Harry was to have someone else that was like family to him and when he found out that they wouldn't be in the same house, he was heartbroken. 

"Guys it's ok, just because she's in Slytherin doesn't mean we can't talk to her," Hermione said. She was always the level-headed one. 

"Yeah it shouldn't change how we see her," George replied. 

"I know but I wish she was in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, or anything other than Slytherin. But it's not like we can change anything," Harry sadly said. 

The 4 boys plus Hermione and Ginny had finished eating and were about to leave when they saw Natalia being pulled aside by Draco.

"Why the fuck is that priss talking to her?" Harry said through his clenched teeth.

"I have no idea but it doesn't look like he's bothering her," Fred quietly said. 

George saw how his twin's attitude had changed when he saw Lia talking to Draco. Was he jealous? He knew how close the three had gotten over the summer but he always saw that Lia was closer to Fred. George had never really seen Fred get this shy over a girl especially knowing what he was normally like with girls over the past years. 

George loved his brother, he really did. But when it came to girls, Fred was kind of a manwhore. Not that George didn't sleep around as well, but George was more into relationships whereas Fred was more into hookups.

"Oh my fucking god you literally dipshits. Did you forget that he's her motherfucking cousin? I swear to god do men just not think or something?" Ginny said while slapping each of the boys on their head. "Come on Mione, I can't lose any more brain cells by being around them."

The boys were rubbing their heads in the spots where Ginny had slapped them while the two girls walked away while laughing. 

Ron and Harry started to walk back to the common room along with George but for some reason Fred was still staring at Lia talking to Draco. Fred didn't know why but when Ginny reminded him that they were cousins, he felt like he could finally breathe again. He hadn't even known Natalia for very long but he felt a strong connection to her. 

George noticed that Fred hadn't moved yet and decided to ask him what was wrong.

"Hey Freddie, you okay?"

"I don't know Georgie, there's something about her that I just can't get out of my head."