chapter 41 - t a k e m e

TW: slight mentions of sexual assault and rape

***

Natalia was closing up one night when she heard the door open.

"Sorry we're closed," she said while putting something away.

"Can we talk please?" the voice asked. Natalia looked up and her expression changed and her fists clenched.

Three weeks had passed since that night at St. Mungo's and it was like Sabrina had disappeared from the face of the earth. No one had heard from her or seen her since then.

Natalia, to be honest, was extremely happy that she disappeared but there was something off about it. It didn't seem like something she would do especially after threatening Fred and Natalia.

"Get the fuck out of here."

"Natalia-"

"No. You can't just come in here after threatening my life and my child's life. You can't come in here after you threatened my boyfriend."

"I'm sorry. That wasn't me."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"These past few months have been a blur for me. It was like one day I was okay and now it feels like I woke up from a coma. The past three weeks I've slowly been gaining memories back from the last 4ish months," Sabrina claimed.

"Yeah right. Do you really think I'm that fucking gullible?"

"I'm telling the truth," she said, her voice cracking with tears running down her cheeks.

"Sabrina you threatened my life and my baby. How am I just supposed to believe you?"

"I'll do anything. I'll take veritaserum or something but I promise I'm telling you the truth." Natalia didn't say anything but nodded.

"Fred!" she yelled.

"Yeah Nat?" he responded.

"Can you bring the veritaserum?"

"Umm yea sure but why?"

"I'll explain when you get here," Natalia said before looking at Sabrina. She looked genuinely sorry and that's what scared Lia.

Fred walked up and almost dropped the bottle.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he said angrily while looking at Sabrina.

"Fred-"

"Get behind me Nat."

"What?"

"Get behind me. She might hurt you," he said like it was obvious.

"Give me the goddamn bottle you idiot," she said while snatching the veritaserum from him.

"Open your mouth," Natalia instructed Sabrina. Sabrina did just that, letting the veritaserum soak into her bloodstream.

"Okay. Are you telling the truth right now?" Natalia asked.

"Yes. I am."

"Okay then why did you threaten me and Fred?"

"I think I was put under the imperio curse a few months ago. I remember going to a Gryffindor party and I was having fun before leaving to go to the bathroom. After that it was like I couldn't remember what happened or what I was doing. I had no control over my body."

"Do you know who could have possible done this?" Fred asked, intrigued.

"There is one person who could've done it."