natalia x kalen one shot

NOT A PART OF THE REAL STORYLINE!!!

little birthday gift since it's the twin's birthday :)

timeline: when fred broke up with natalia and she decided to travel the world --> in this part, fred broke up with natalia because he fell out of love with her (it would never actually happen but just for this one shot, pretend like it did)

also no drama other than the part where kalen kissed natalia in the beginning so pretend everything's a clean slate (it's basically an au where natalia didn't go through sm trauma)

once again, not a part of the real storyline, just for shits and giggles and also because i really wanted to write it heh and my friend wanted me to do it so badly

have fun my kinky bitches

song for this chapter: good girl by 5sos

***

Kalen's POV:

Natalia Hayley Edwards-Black. Fuck it's been so long since I've seen her. After school ended, I got an offer to study to become a healer in the US and I instantly accepted. I didn't care about moving countries, nothing was keeping me in the UK. The only thing that could've prompted me to stay was Natalia. She was beautiful, funny, amazing. She could light up a whole room with just her smile or her laugh.

She was effervescent.

And I know I fucked up in the past with her but that was because I didn't know what to do. It was my first time ever truly being in love with someone and to see her with Fred, it hurt. I felt like my heart was in pieces every time they would be holding hands or kiss around school.

I tried, I tried, to get my mind off of her, trying to move on with some other girl but it didn't work. She was the only one on my mind. I saw how much she was in love with Fred and I knew I could never have her. That's the only reason I lied and told her I never loved her. I wanted her to be happy and she was happy.

I was slowly getting over her, finally realizing maybe that I wasn't in love with her as much anymore.

But seeing her sitting in front of me, it's like all those feelings came back. Natalia looked the same, if not even better. Her skin was glowing, her hair cut, but still suiting her, but mostly, she looked happy but a sad look overtook her face.

Maybe her and Fred got engaged but wouldn't he be here with her then? I didn't notice an engagement ring of her left ring finger making me wonder what she was doing here, why she was sitting in my living room after showing up unannounced.

"What's going on Natalia?" I asked, running one of my hands through my hair, looking up at her. "Why are you here?"

"Can I not just visit an old friend Kalen?" she retorted.

"We haven't talked in over 4 months Natalia, I don't think you would just randomly show up here," I responded, raising one of my eyebrows.

"I'm traveling the world and I wanted to visit you," she answered, a small smile on her face.

"I don't think Fred would appreciate you being in my flat."

"Well Fred doesn't have a say in what I do anymore," she said, making my eyes shoot up to hers. What did she mean by Fred didn't have a say anymore? "Fred and I broke up two months ago," she explained, her eyes facing the ground. When she said that last sentence, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.