chapter 27 - c l a u s t r o p h o b i c

It had been a few days since Natalia had been discharged from the hospital. Fred would always be with her, making sure she was okay almost every hour. It started to annoy Natalia, just a little bit. Okay maybe a lot.

It's not that she didn't like having Fred care about her, it was him asking every hour if she was okay and not letting her do anything in case something happened.

She felt claustrophobic. She loved Fred so much but it was getting too much. She didn't know how to tell him before without hurting his feelings but she knew she had to tell him as soon as possible.

She decided she would tell him today. There was no reason to prolong it. Natalia tried to talk to Tori about it but she would always take Fred's side saying that he was right to act like that. She was annoyed to say the least.

Natalia was in the middle of her deep contemplation when Fred said something.

"Nat you okay?"

"Hmm? Yea I'm fine Freddie but um can we talk real quick?"

"Yeah sure. My dorm?"

"Mhm."

***

The two had arrived at Fred's dorm and they both sat on the bed in silence.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Fred said with worry present in his voice.

"I'm fine Freddie."

"Then why did you say you needed to talk? I thought something happened Nat I started freaking out-"

"STOP! JUST FUCKING STOP!" Natalia screamed.

"What?"

"I can't do this anymore."

"Us?"

"No, I can't do this anymore meaning you always worrying about me, always making sure I'm okay. You're always there and I feel like I can't fucking breathe!"

"Well I'm sorry I care about you!"

"I love that you care about me but it's too much Fred. I can't even talk to my friends without you being there!"

"I promised your dad I would make sure you were okay!"

"You can still do that without being everywhere I go! It's like I don't have any privacy!"

"Are you saying you don't want me around you?"

"Stop twisting my words. I never said that. All I said was that I don't need you to be following me around 24/7."

"I'm sorry that I don't want anything else to happen to you!"

"I'm okay Fred! If I wasn't okay I wouldn't be sitting next to you, I wouldn't be talking to you!"

"You don't know what it was like seeing you in that hospital Nat!"

"No I don't know how it felt! Just like you don't know what it felt like when I was sitting in that bed. When I was in pain for over a week! You don't know what it's like whenever you are trying to talk to someone and then your boyfriend pops up! It's fucking annoying!"

"So I'm annoying now?"

"Stop twisting my fucking words!"

"How else am I supposed to interpret that when you say it's fucking annoying when I'm trying to make sure you're okay?!"

"I can't do this," Natalia said through sobs. "I need time and space, I'm sorry I have to go."

"So that's it then? We're done?"