chapter 48 - c o w a r d

A/N: bring a box of tissues and don't read this in front of other people

songs for this chapter:

p.s. there's a lot of dialogue

sorry for making u cry on v day don't hate me bye

***

Natalia woke up and saw Fred asleep on a chair next to the bed. He had a sad look on his face. His hand was holding hers tightly showing that he hadn't let go since he had got there.

She slowly shook his hand waking him up. He slowly woke up from his slumber looking at Natalia with sorrow prominent in his eyes.

"Hey Freddie," Natalia said quietly.

"Hey love. You feeling better?" he asked, not wanting to pry too much.

"Yeah," she said while sitting up. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to just disappear like that."

"It's okay. I get it. You went through a lot."

"Fred there's something I have to tell you," she said while looking up at him with tears already forming in her eyes. She didn't know how Fred would react and if he would even stay with her after what she was going to tell him.

"I have something to say first but we should head back to our flat before we talk." Natalia agreed and the two said goodbye to Molly and Arthur before disapparating and landing in their living room.

When they both got to their room, Natalia noticed the change in Fred's mood and expression. Earlier he seemed fine but now he just looked very solemn.

"Freddie you okay?" she asked while bringing her hand up to his cheek. Her thumb was moving across his cheek, wiping away the stray tears leaving his eyes.

"I love you so so much Natalia. I want you to remember that when I say this."

"I love you more but you're scaring me Fred-"

"Don't hate me after this."

"Please tell me what is going on inside your head because I think I'm going to lose my mind trying to think of what you're going to say." Natalia was scared. Fred was acting like he was about to let her go. Like he was going to break up with her.

He wouldn't do that. Right?

"I think we should break up."

"What-" Natalia was in shock.

"With everything that's been going on I don't think it's healthy for you to be in a relationship. I want you to focus on yourself and you can't do that if you're with me."

"That's incredibly stupid Fred."

"What?"

"You don't get to decide that for me. You don't get to decide what I do. If I wanna be with you then I'm going to be with you."