chapter 3 - u m b i t c h

Natalia had woken up to a loud and annoyed Astoria.

"Tori what the fuck are you doing?"

"I can't find my robes anywhere Lia, what the hell am I gonna do now? If I don't have a robe I'll get detention and I've never gotten detention."

"Calm down Tori, I'll help you find your robes," Natalia said while yawning.

The girls had looked everywhere and couldn't seem to find the girl's robes until Lia spotted something underneath the bed.

"I think I found it!"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

"I know I'm amazing aren't I?"

"Oh shut up, we have to get to the Great Hall for breakfast or we're gonna be late."

"Fine, lemme just get my stuff."

***

Lia walked into the Great Hall with Astoria to see most of the students bussling around trying to eat food before classes started. Professor Snape had passed out their class schedule and Natalia saw that she had DADA first, then Charms, and lastly Transfiguration today.

She had met some of Tori's other friends, Adrian Pucey and Marcus Flint and soon realized maybe it wasn't so bad that she was placed in Slytherin.

The four of them were walking to DADA when the twins both came up to Lia and threw their arms over her shoulders.

"So love, I guess you're the enemy now," Fred said.

"Yea that means we can't associate with you," George joked.

"Well then what the hell are you doing right now? Aren't you associating with me?"

"Oh shit she got us there Georgie."

"Anyways, what do you two want? I have to get to DADA."

"Oh what a coincidence, so do we," George and Fred said simultaneously. Lia noticed that these two tended to do that often. "We just wanted to talk to our best friend, is something wrong with that?" George asked.

"Ugh whatever, we're gonna be late btw and I don't wanna piss of the pink toad today," Natalia said while grimacing.

***

The three had finally made it to DADA where the twins had sat next to each other and Natalia sat in a seat that was saved for her next to Astoria.

"Good morning class."

"Good morning," everyone had muttered. No one liked Umbridge, or as Lia liked to call her Umbitch. They had only known her for a few hours but she already seemed like a Ministry-loving, pompous, brat.

"Tut, tut," said Professor Umbridge. "That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply "Good morning, Professor Umbridge". One more time, please. Good morning, class!"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," they chanted back at her.

"Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it," stated Professor Umbridge, turning to face the class with her hands clasped neatly in front of her. "With the constant changing of teachers as well as the terrible approaches that were with them have terribly affected your education."

"From now on we will be using the book so everyone can put their wands away. They will NOT be required for my class."

"Professor how are we supposed to learn without wands?" Natalia asked.

"First of all student will raise their hands in my class before speaking! Second of all, why would you need to use your wands? There is nothing dangerous in this world for you to need to physically attack someone."

"Um because Voldemort came back last year and Harry had to defeat him again?" Most of the class had flinched at the sound of his name.

"Miss...?"

"Edwards."

"Miss Edwards, I don't know where you're hearing these rumors from but I can assure you that You-know-who did not come back and Harry Potter did not defeat him."

"Who killed Cedric Diggory then? Did he just accidentally trip and die? Was Harry like, 'Oh no Cedric died now I'm going to blame it on fucking Voldemort because why the fuck not?"

"Miss Edwards! You should never speak to a professor that way!"

"Detention with me today at 5," Umbridge said with slight amusement.

Natalia crossed her arms and sat back down. She was extremely pissed to say the least. Why should she get punished for stating her opinion?

She had chosen to stay quiet for the rest of the class but she sent death glares to Umbitch at every chance she got.

***

"YOU GOT FUCKING DETENTION?"

"Oops hehe," Lia said with a slight laugh.

"How could you and Harry be so stupid? You both got detention on the first day oh my fucking god, you are both gonna be the death of me," Hermione ranted while pacing back and forth.

"Harry got detention too?"

"Yea didn't he tell you?" Hermione questioned.

"No he's been avoiding me," Natalia said sadly.

"Ugh he's just being petty, he's not really mad he's just disappointed. Why? Because he's a stupid git."

"It's because I'm in Slytherin," Lia quietly said.

"I know, I have to go yell at him again now." Mione said while getting her stuff.

"Oooh maybe I'll get Ginny to knock some sense into him," she mumbled while walking away.

Natalia was sad to hear that Harry would be avoiding her because of her house. She knew about their bias against Slytherins but she hoped that he would make an exception for her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her two favorite twins come and sit next to her.

"So love, you managed to beat our record," Fred teased.

"Yeah we have NEVER gotten detention on our first day of school, the second day, yes, but never the first day."

"Oh shove off you two."

Lia loved the twins but she could not deal with their bullshit right now. She was annoyed with Umbridge, she was mad that Harry was avoiding her, and she also then realized that she had missed lunch and she was starving.

"So we noticed you missed lunch," Fred said

"And we decided to bring you something to eat," George finished.

The two twins had given her a plate full of delicious, mouth-watering food but she wasn't going to trust them so easily. Last time she took food from them, her tongue had grown around four feet and it took twenty minutes to get it back to its normal size.

"We know what you're thinking," George said which snapped Lia out of her thoughts, "but we did not put anything in this."

"We promise and I never break my promises," Fred said while holding his hand to his heart.

"Fine but only because I'm starving," Natalia replied.

She had taken a bite of the food and had realized that the twins actually were telling the truth, they really added nothing to it.

While she was eating, the twins had been joking around to try to make her happy. They saw how sad she was after DADA today and wanted to make her happy again.

Natalia seemed to notice that Fred's eyes occasionally flickered to her lips every so often when she would take a bite of food. He thought she didn't notice, but she most definitely did.