Ginny Weasley- Love (c)

Your parents were friends with the Weasley's which meant you were instantly friends with their children. You were the same age as the youngest Weasley and were quickly best friends with Ginny, but little did you know how your feelings for her would only grow. It didn't take long before you realised that you were in love with your best friend, but you certainly weren't about to admit that to her.

As you did every summer, you were staying with the Weasley's at the Burrow and sharing a room with Ginny. You had gone to ask Molly to fix your cardigan after it got snagged during a game of quidditch but when you returned to Ginny's room she was nowhere to be found. You started to search for her and heard her voice coming from inside of the twin's bedroom. At first you planned to knock so that you could go in, but you heard your name and ended up listening into the conversation.

"I'm not in love with Y/N," Ginny demanded.

"You're in love with her," the twins chimed.

You heard a loud grunt of a sigh come from the youngest Weasley at the comment made by her older twin brothers. You weren't sure why, but you were definitely intrigued by the conversation even though you wouldn't normally make a habit of eavesdropping.

"Yes, of course I'm bloody in love with her," she huffed. "How am I meant to tell my best friend that I am in love with her? I can't bear her hating me because I'm in love with her. I'd rather stay her friend and pine after her for the rest of my life."

You were certainly glad to hear what you were hearing seen as you were desperately in love with her too, but you also felt terrible for having listened in on her conversation with her brothers. You tried to sneak away from the door, to pretend that you had never heard anything but as you attempted to turn around you managed to hit the creaky floorboard, letting the three of them know that you were there.

The door flung open revealing you to the three siblings.

"How much of that did you hear?" Ginny asked, eyes bright and wide.

"I heard enough," you said awkwardly, running a hand through your hair.

The twins looked at one another before apparating from the room, leaving you alone with Ginny.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, not knowing what else to say.

"Don't be sorry Gin," you smiled softly. "I'm in love with you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.