Narcissa Black- Bigotry (c)

If you could have changed one thing in your life, you would have made it possible for you and your girlfriend to be able to be together in public without the fear of people's reactions. It wasn't just because of homophobia but as you were a muggleborn and she was a pureblood from a family who despised anyone who wasn't pure, you would end up likely killed for the betrayal of the relationship. Even with fear constantly upon you, you loved Narcissa and you wouldn't change that for the world. You may have not been able to go on dates or show affection at all, you would make the most of the time you could spend together.

Seen as it was a nice day, the two of you went out to the Black Lake along with most of the students and sat under a tree. There was a fair distance between you and you were sat in different directions as to stop people thinking you were together but it was the best you could do. Both of you had books to make it seem as though you were doing something, but one hand each was interlaced, hidden in the long grass to offer some connection.

"I wish I could kiss you," you whispered, desperately wanting to be able to act as though you were normal, that your relationship wasn't such an abomination to everyone.

"If I could, I would kiss you right now," she said softly. "If only no one was here, or no one cared."

You tried your best to keep your emotions contained as you feared losing the woman you loved due to other people's bigotry. You believed that love conquered all, that there was nothing wrong with love, but sometimes other people's thoughts had to dictate your lives more than either you would ever want.

"You make me very happy, even if I cannot even look at you without people making a fuss," you sighed.

"I am beyond the luckiest woman alive to even be graced with your beauty at a glance and be able to hold your heart even if it is only in secret," she responded, giving your hand a gentle squeeze.

"You're a terrible flatterer," you chuckled to yourself. "But I shall be forever grateful to have you in my life, even if I may only hold your hand when hidden in long grass."

The two of you stayed there for a while, exchanging loving words whilst keeping an eye on everyone around you, hoping that no one would notice what was going on between the two of you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.