James Potter- Pain (h)

You'd thought that when you and James moved in together, he would've been prepared for your monthly visitor, but you'd learned that he wasn't.

The first time your period hit after you two had moved into your new house James was terrified. Unfortunately, you had leaked onto your bedsheets and James had woken up before you, and James being the utter panicker he was he freaked out.

He woke you up with wide eyes and explained to you how he thought something had happened because there was blood on the sheets, and that he wanted to take you to St Mungo's.

It took you about twenty minutes to calm him down and explain to him that it was completely natural, and you were fine apart from a bit of pain.

A year on though, James was a pro at dealing with your periods.

He had learnt a warming charm especially for a heating pad to help with the pain of your cramps, he'd also learnt a cooling charm for your forehead to help with your headaches and he was an absolute godsend when he ran you a hot bath when he knew you were struggling.

It had amazed you how well he had learnt your habits and learnt what helped you; it melted your heart at how caring he was, and you just loved him more for it.

You had realised recently though that your period was a couple of days late, you were yet to feel your cramps and that was usually your indication for your period starting.

"You feeling any pain yet love?" James questioned as he came into the living room, pain was what the two of you had ended up referring to your period as – why you did you weren't quite sure, but it had just stuck.

You shook your head, leaning against James once he'd sat down next to you on the sofa. "No and I'm getting worried."

James put his arm around you so that you could fully cuddle up to him. "Why love?"

"Because we haven't exactly been careful," you sighed as you spoke. "And if my period isn't here yet then it's likely that it isn't going to happen."

James nodded along to your words, the two of you had spoken about the possibility of your period being late and what it would mean.

The two of you definitely hadn't been careful recently; it wasn't such a conscious decision as you'd not spoken definitively about having children, but you'd not been trying to prevent it either.

"We've spoken about this," he reminded you gently and pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "If your pain isn't coming then that's okay, we can get it all confirmed and then we can be excited."

You smiled up at him and pushed up to kiss his cheek. "You'll be a great dad you know," you commented. "And I suppose Remus and Sirius will be passable godfathers."

James scoffed. "They will be the worst influences on our children, and you know it."

Giggling you nodded. "So, we're having children, are we?" you questioned, causing James to look down at you.

"Why stop at just one love? That's no fun."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.