Andromeda Black- Astronomy Tower (c)

Whenever there was a dance or large get together in Hogwarts, you couldn't help but be disappointed with it all. It wasn't that you disliked parties or dancing, but you did dislike not being able to go with the person you wanted to. Not everyone was open-minded to a same sex relationship, so it was for the best for you to hide the fact that you had a girlfriend, especially seen as she was a pureblood from a very prejudiced family.

Andromeda didn't want to hide you from her family. She was happy to be your girlfriend and loved you without consideration for you being a muggleborn. She didn't care about your blood status, it meant nothing to her, but she knew her family would cause both of your lives hell and she didn't want to see you get hurt.

It did hurt you to not be able to be happy with her in public but luckily if the dance wouldn't be welcoming for you, then the two of you would have your own.

On the night of the big dance at Hogwarts, Andromeda snuck the two of you up to the Astronomy Tower where she had a beautiful plan for you. She had lanterns floating around the tower and petals strewn across the floor.

"I thought that we could have our own dance up here," she smiled.

Andromeda waved her wand and gentle music begun to play. She put her wand back away before holding out a hand towards you.

"Can I have this dance?"

You happily took her hand and let her lead you in the dance. You weren't the best dancer, but Andromeda did her best to lead you in the dance and didn't comment on how often you stumbled over your own feet.

"I am glad that we get to dance, even if it isn't with the other students," she smiled. "If anything, this may be better. All I need is you."

Your cheeks begun to become warmer and redder by her compliments.

"Thank you for doing this," you smiled in return. "Thank you for putting this together for us."

The two of you continued to spin around to the music, not caring how terrible the dancing was, not caring that when the music stopped, you were just happy to be together. You were beyond happy to just be there and let the night fall away around you until you were both tired and satisfied with the perfect night.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.