Ginny Weasley- Wedding (c)

It was hard to not fall head over heels with Ginny Weasley. She was charming, intelligent, talented and beautiful whilst also being able to brush everything off as though it wasn't important as she tried her best to keep her head up and a smile upon her own face. Even just as her friend, you felt honoured to have her in your life and be able to be close with her even if not romantic but even with that pleasure, you couldn't be completely content until you were honest with her and yourself about how you felt.

Maybe it was the growing confidence or the alcohol you had drunk or maybe even the love that surrounded everyone, but you finally felt able to admit to Ginny how you felt. It may have been Bill and Fleur's wedding, but you needed to admit your feelings to the youngest Weasley to try and make everything seem to have sense once again.

You asked the girl who was your best friend to dance and she happily agreed. Neither of you were the best at dancing but luckily the practice from the Yule Ball had come in handy so you weren't stomping on each other's feet, but it wasn't the smoothest dancing.

The music was slow and the two of you were so close with all your sense and understanding thrown to the wind. You had lost all sanity, too lost in the eyes of your friend, your heart panging against your chest.

Before you were even able to think, words graced your lips and left no escape from whether Ginny felt the same way towards you. "Can I kiss you?"

It wasn't the most graceful thing to say, it wasn't as heartfelt or loving as you had hoped it would be but you were now stuck with it and just a deep hope that she wouldn't hate you for your forwardness.

Her eyes lit up slightly as she grinned at you. She didn't say anything before she leaned in to press her lips to yours in a tender kiss. When she pulled away, you both held the same dazed expression, not caring if anyone else at the wedding reception had seen the kiss.

"I've been waiting for you to ask that for the longest time," Ginny smiled. "I wasn't certain if you were into girls and you didn't seem to pay attention to anything I tried to hint at."

"I am very much into girls, but I'm mainly just into you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.