Frank Longbottom- Glow (c)

When people said that pregnancy was a beautiful and magic thing, clearly, they weren't due to give birth any day and struggled to find anyway to fall asleep that was comfortable for everything that ached on your body. At some point in the night, you had managed to get a little bit of sleep, attempting to grasp onto any slumber that you would be able to get, knowing that once you had your baby, that would go out of the window.

The morning light broke through the curtains and ended the chance that you had to get anymore sleep. You groaned as you shifted in your place in the bed, struggling to move due to all of the pillows you had built up to try and make yourself comfortable. By your side was your husband Frank, smiling fondly at you.

You narrowed your eyes at him, not sure what he was doing. You didn't know why he would be able to smile at you when you looked so terrible due to being a mess of hormones and sleep deprivation.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You grumbled.

Frank laughed gently at you, moving to push some of your messy hair out of your face.

"You're so beautiful and you don't even know it," he smiled.

You screwed your face up at him. Your self-esteem wasn't the highest on a good day let alone when you felt like a whale and also just generally felt terrible due to being heavily pregnant.

"I just woke up and I definitely look very gross," you frowned.

He shook his head, leaning in to press a soft kiss to your cheek. You had no idea how you would have gotten through this pregnancy without him supporting you and making you smile throughout the toughest of times.

"No, you're glowing," he assured you.

It was cheesy and terrible, and you certainly didn't feel like you were glowing. You felt sweaty and gross and as though the bags under your eyes had taken over the majority of your face due to how tired you were.

"You're very sweet," you said. "I know I look like a mess. Your child has decided that he is going to explore the whole of my uterus and be a complete fidget for the whole night. I can't wait until they are out of me and not kicking me in the bladder every forty minutes."

"I'm sorry sweetheart. It's not long and our baby will be here, causing about as much disruption but I can help a lot more than I can now."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.