Ron Weasley- Invite: Part 1 (h)

It was no secret that the Weasley siblings all teased each other but you had realised in their house that there was no line between teasing and serious.

They all had a habit, well bar Percy, of going to the extremes with their jokes on each other – even Ginny did which surprise you.

Most recently Fred and George had targeted Ron because they had found out about his crush on you, and that was not information they were going to let go of easily.

They had even gone as far as convincing their Mum to invite you over for the first week of the summer holidays which Ron only found out about when you turned up.

"Hey Y/N," he greeted you in surprise when you walked in with your trunk.

You smiled at him as you went over to hug him. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was coming, by the time I knew it was too late to write a letter."

He wrapped his arms around your shoulders so he could hug you back properly. "Well, it is a nice surprise," he admitted as a blush rose to his cheeks.

As you pulled away you realised Fred and George were stood there with smirks on their faces.

"We knew you were coming," Fred stated, winking at Ron.

Ron glared slightly at his older brothers.

"Yep, suggested it to Mum and everything," George commented. "She was simply overjoyed to have Ron's friend over for a week."

You smiled at them. "Well, I guess it is you two I have to thank for getting me out of the house for a week."

They nodded and welcomed your hug, but they were motioning to Ron over your shoulder and Ron clearly got the message.

Feed and George waited for you to disappear into the kitchen to talk to their Mum before they dragged Ron outside.

"Are you still a coward Ron?" George questioned, crossing his arms.

Ron looked at them both in confusion, but he didn't get a chance to say anything before Fred chimed in.

"Yeah, are you still a coward Ron?" Fred asked in the same fashion as his twin. "Or are you going to pull up your big boy pants and ask the girl out?"

Ron's face morphed from confusion to surprise to slight annoyance.

"That's why you got Mum to invite her?" he asked, more shocked than he was annoyed. "So, you could force me into asking her out?"

The twins nodded, looking very proud of themselves.

"She doesn't even like me back," Ron admitted, not even aware of how you really felt. "And I am not about to get turned down and ruin our whole friendship."

It seemed with that that Ron had made his mind up however the twins were adamant that Ron was going to ask you out before the week was up.

~*~

Written by Hannah.