Remus Lupin- Shirt (c)

Although you couldn't control your yawning and wanted to return back to your bed, you decided to try and do something nice for your husband and make breakfast for when he wakes up. You lazily stood by the oven, watching everything cook and waited for them to need actual tending to. Maybe it would have been easier if you did need to tend to the food more as you were struggling to keep your eyes open.

You were so tired that you didn't hear Remus exit the bedroom and make his way downstairs, you didn't even hear him enter the kitchen, not until you were brought out of your thoughts by him speaking to you.

"Is that my shirt?" He asked.

It was the first you had heard of him that morning and it made you jump to hear someone you hadn't even known was awake.

You turned around to see your tired looking husband with his brown hair askew, smiling fondly at you. You looked down to see the oversized shirt that you had grabbed from the back of the chair even though it belonged to your husband. The shirt hid you beneath it, hanging below your knees and the sleeves were rolled up to your elbows as normally they would hang long past your fingers.

"I didn't think it would be the best kitchen etiquette to cook in the nude," you commented.

"I cannot imagine it is the best of ideas," he added, crossing the kitchen to stand behind you.

Remus let himself stand behind you, your back relaxing against his chest, appreciating any closeness you could receive from him. He looped his arms around your middle, holding you close to him and pressing his lips in a lazy kiss to your cheek.

"Good morning," you smiled up at him. "I thought you'd appreciate some breakfast."

"Good morning," he replied. "You didn't have to wake up early to make me anything, you know I wouldn't mind."

You shrugged your shoulders. Remus did tend to cook you breakfast, at least when he wasn't recovering from a full moon but sometimes you thought that it would be good to do something nice for the man you loved without any catch or price.

"I wanted to do something nice for the man I love," you smiled, rotating in his arms, so that you were facing him.

"Well thank you, my love."

With that Remus pressed his lips to yours and kissed you firmly and lovingly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.