Hermione Granger- Kitten (c)

Your main aim in your relationship was to keep Hermione happy, that was the most important thing for you. You knew that for her it was important to have a cat to love and care for, so you agreed to bringing a kitten into your home, even if you didn't overly care about having one. You made sure that she was clear on the fact that it was her responsibility and you wanted nothing to do with the cat, and Hermione was fine with that, but it turned out you weren't.

Even though you went into the whole thing, not wanting the animal in your life, you couldn't deny how cute and sweet it was. When Hermione was around, you did your best to act like you disliked the creature but when you were left alone with it, it was a different story. Hermione had headed out for a couple of hours and you had decided to just relax and read but the tiny kitten decided that she wanted to get involved and cuddled up onto your lap, falling asleep.

The two of you cuddled up on the sofa, letting time become lost until Hermione returned to the house and made her way to the living room to see the dark secret you had been trying to hide since your family had grown.

"I thought you hated her," Hermione smirked. "Cuddling with the enemy doesn't exactly make sense."

You frowned up at her. "She maybe isn't as bad as I first thought she would be."

You looked down at the tiny furball who had no idea there was a conversation going on about her, still happily in her slumber upon your lap, making sure that both you and Hermione saw how adorable she was.

"Bullshit," she stated. "You're in love with her."

There wasn't much you could lie about when you were cuddling up with the creature that you had done your best to claim to hate. You hadn't hated the cat really, you couldn't hate an innocent animal, but you didn't want the added responsibility of caring for an animal, however you were now happy to spend time with her and offer her love.

"I didn't expect her to be this cute and cuddly," you said.

"Well I'm glad that you are getting along with her, it would have been a shame to get rid of you in place of her," Hermione joked.

You narrowed your eyes at her. "You'd never replace me with the cat."

She shrugged her shoulders, not confirming or denying before heading off to continue with what she was going to do.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.