Ron Weasley- Invite: Part 2 (h)

After a couple of days of staying at The Burrow you had determined that the twins definitely had it in for Ron, either that or they took great delight in irritating him whenever they could.

You had watched every time when Ron came to sit with you Fred and George would pop out of nowhere and start asking you questions so you couldn't talk to Ron.

It was strange that they did it, but it seemed to get on Ron's nerves quite a bit. You were starting to learn that they just all liked to get on each other's nerves.

Fred and George had been waiting for Ron to be on his own again before they could drag him outside to talk to him.

"What do you two want now?" he asked them both once they had dragged him outside.

They both crossed their arms, smirks on their faces.

"You need to ask her Ron," Fred stated as he looked at his little brother.

Ron rolled his eyes, wishing they'd stop with it already, he did want to ask you out, but he didn't want you to turn him down.

"All she ever does it want to spend time with you, she looks at you when you don't think she is," George explained, having observed for the past couple of days – as much as he liked to get on his little brother's nerves, he wanted him to be happy.

Ron nodded as he took in what George had told him; he did the exact same things with you. He had for as long as he could remember now, and he had no clue how the twins had found out about his crush but maybe it could work.

"Come on little brother, just ask Y/N," Fred bumped Ron's shoulder with his as he spoke.

"Ask me what?" you questioned having heard your name when you were looking for Ron.

The three boys in front of you all looked like deer caught in headlights, as if they'd been caught doing something they shouldn't be.

When they all stayed silent you spoke again. "Come on guys, ask me what?"

Fred and George both gave Ron a thumbs up before they disappeared inside.

You looked to Ron in utter confusion and he sighed. "Are you going to tell me what that was about?"

"You could end up hating me for it," he admitted as he went to sit down on the picnic bench Molly had put outside.

"I could never hate you," you told him as you sat down next to him.

Sighing again, he told himself he was going to do it. "Okay, I'll tell you," he states as he took a deep breath. "Fred and George wanted me to ask you on a date."

Your brow furrowed in confusion as you looked at Ron. "Well, are you asking me out because you want to? Or are you asking me out because the twins told you to?"

He chuckled nervously. "Because I want to," he confirmed. "Fred and George just kind of gave me a push."

You smiled at him, leaning forward to kiss his cheek. "Well in that case, yes, I'd love to go out with you."

Ron smiled back as he blushed slightly, and he reached to intertwine your fingers. "I thought you'd reject me," he admitted.

You shook your head. "If I'm honest, I've been waiting for you to ask me out for ages," you told him. "So, I guess I've got to go and say thank you to the twins."

"You're welcome!" you heard two voices yell from one of the upstairs windows. "Kiss her Ronniekins!"

~*~

Written by Hannah.