James Potter- Rudolph (c)

James let out another dramatic sigh before blowing his nose into a tissue, trying to make as much noise as he possibly could. When he pulled the tissue away from his nose, it revealed the bright red tarnished skin from how often he had been wiping his nose.

Over the last few days, James had been suffering from a cold and he made it known to everyone around him. You were certain that everyone in Hogwarts had heard of his minor illness as he told everyone of how he felt before coughing or sneezing on them to share his germs. The way he complained, you'd think he was dying rather than just having a sniffle but nevertheless he was being a dramatic mess, hoping for sympathy from someone- and that someone wasn't you.

"I'm dying," James whined, flopping onto the sofa in the common room, not caring that he had pushed you into the arm of the sofa as he took up all the room.

"We can only wish, Rudolph."

He cocked an eyebrow at you before turning to his friends to see if they knew what you were talking about. Remus smirked at you nickname for him, having used it enough times himself whilst Sirius seemed lost to the situation.

"Hey!" James frowned. "Remus keeps calling me that, what does it mean?"

You sniggered at him. It was rare that you could use your muggleborn status for advantage, but this was one of them. Seen as you and Remus had been raised in the muggle world, you were able to use muggle references that tended to go over the head of your pure-blooded friends. Both of you took great pleasure in keeping things from them and annoying them about things that they didn't understand.

Turning to Remus, you exchanged a look, knowing exactly where you were going with this. Without missing a beat, the two of you begun to terribly sing together.

"Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose."

You continued for a couple of lines, forcing James to just look grumpier than he had before.

"Is this some muggle thing again?" He huffed.

"Yup."

Sirius pouted and whined. "I want to know so I can help annoy James, tell me."

Remus refused and you weren't going to lose your power to the purebloods again, even if it was just over a petty joke to do with reindeers.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.