Hermione Granger- Late (a)

"Be careful!" Hermione scorned from across the table. "Just because you left your herbology assignment until the last minute – again – doesn't mean you have to go knocking over your inkpot and ruining everybody elses."

"What do you mean last minute?" You spoke as your arms ran back and forth, rapidly drafting lines of ink detailing the history of the medicinal uses of the Mandrake root. "Sprout only gave us this two days ago."

"We've had this paper for two weeks y/n. Like I said, last minute again."

"Unfortunately, Hermione." You took a short break to stretch out your fingers and give your wrist a limp wave. "Some of us have more important things to do with our life."

"What exactly do you have to do that is oh so important?" You saw her peer nosily over the table, grinning to herself as she scrutinised your choice of words and sentence structure.

"Maybe actually having a life?" She pulled the parchment towards her and dashed to the side before you could grab it back. "Give it back!"

"Well this is just terrible y/n. This needs to be done by tomorrow but with this drab I would probably be more confident with handing in nothing."

"How do you know that yours is so great?"

"Because I actually did my research? Through just listening in class I could tell you that the Mandrake root does not turn the skin purple and it certainly would never cause one's fingers to elongate. Do you seriously think that Professor Sprout would just give you recognition for handing in the paper? No. You need help, serious help to get this up to an acceptable level because I wouldn't want you to be the reason that Gryffindor loses the house cup." You weren't sure if it was the previous telling offs by various Professors or just the lack of will to bring disappointment to your house, but something made you suddenly care about doing well.

She handed you back the parchment.

"How do I get this to a pass?" She laughed mockingly.

"There is no getting that to a high enough standard for a pass, you need specialist help. You could ask Neville, he's pretty good at herbology but ever since you accidentally knocked Trevor off the moving staircase, he hasn't been your biggest fan."

"How about you?" She laughed again at your proposal. "Why don't you give me your assignment and I'll just... change a few things."

"You want me to cheat?!"

"No, no. I'm the one whose cheating, you're just helping me." She rose one eyebrow and leant closely into the space between you.

"I can write you a paper tonight, but I need you to do something for me." She whispered quickly into your ear. "I need you to stop being such a lazy slob because bailing you out of homework every week is really cutting into my study timetable."

~*~

Written by Aaron.