Ted Tonks- Crush (c)

You struggled a lot with having a huge crush on your best friend, Ted. You desperately didn't want Ted to hate you, so you tried to be happy with the friendship, rather having that than nothing. Ideally, you wanted him to see you romantically, as you did, he, but that didn't seem to be happening anything soon.

The crush only became harder when he asked you on a date. It wasn't a proper date though; it was a fake date for his sister's wedding as he didn't want his family nagging him about finding a girlfriend. It hurt you terribly to know you would be so close to him but yet so far.

"Do you not think your family will have questions?" You asked although you had already said you would be his fake girlfriend for the sake of the wedding.

"I am sure they will, but they will not be nearly as many if you are there than me going alone," he explained.

"Aren't they going to suspicious?" You questioned. "Am I anything like any of the girls they have met before?"

He laughed awkwardly and ran a hand through his hair, not enjoying the question you had asked him.

"I've never introduced them to a girl before," he admitted. "That's why they are so obsessed with me having a date because I've never actually dating anyone before."

"Oh."

As long as you had been friends, you were pretty certain he'd never dated but he was so kind and charming, you assumed he had to have had a girlfriend at some point.

"Well, do you have a type?" You asked.

Maybe it was a question to help you understand why he had never dated but maybe it was far more selfish to see whether you would ever have a chance with the man of your dreams.

"You," he stated, his face paling.

"Oh," you laughed, trying to not let the excitement hit your face. "So... short... brunette..."

You begun to list traits to do with yourself, but Ted quickly cut you off before you could continue.

"No. I don't have a type. I just like you."

It was impossible to hide your excitement now as a grin curled onto your lips, but Ted was doing his best to avoid looking you in the eyes.

"I know you don't like me-"

You cut him off. "You're wrong."

He looked at you as if you had spoken a foreign language.

"I've liked you for the longest time."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.