Draco Malfoy- Yule Ball: Part 1 (h)

Sometimes you regretted being friends with the Weasley twins, not because they weren't good friends to you but mainly because they liked to scheme against you.

You could've sworn that they always had something going that would either meddle in your schoolwork or meddle in your personal life.

Most recently they'd come up with an idea for a bet, which was that you couldn't prank Filch faster than they could – if you lost, you'd have to ask Draco Malfoy to the Yule Ball but if they lost, they had to go with each other and both wearing dresses.

You were confused when their wager was that you'd have to ask Draco to the ball, considering you'd not spoken to Draco properly since your third year, but seeing them both in dresses was something you just couldn't pass up.

Your prank on Filch had been planned for later that afternoon but it had all been ruined when just after charms class Filch came running down the corridor with bright blue hair.

"My hair! My hair!" he yelled as he ran past you all.

And you just knew you'd lost the bet, meaning you had to swallow your pride and end the silent treatment that had been going on between you and Draco.

The two of you had met in your first year initially, like all first years did, but when you'd been on a walk around the black lake you had spotted Draco stood deadly still staring at something in front of him. When you got over to him you realised that it was a juvenile acromantula staring right back at him, as if waiting for him to do something.

After a few whispered exchanges you had managed to distract the acromantula by throwing something behind it, so it turned and scurried off in search of what you'd thrown, leaving you and Draco to run off. Since then, the two of you were close, despite being in rival houses, and if you were honest, you'd grown to have a pretty big crush on him.

However almost a year ago, just after Christmas of your third year, Draco went totally cold on you and had barely spoken to you ever since. Of course, you had tried writing to him, but your owl always returned without a reply, you had even sent him his birthday present, but you never received a reply for that either. All you received was a rose and a small note on your birthday, which you assumed to be from Draco, and it warmed your heart but when you tried to speak to him about it, he'd ignored you.

The two of you had given each other the silent treatment ever since, acting as if you never knew each other but every time you saw him around Hogwarts you just wanted to hug him and tell him how you felt.

Knowing you'd lost your bet with the twins you sought out Draco, after Filch had ran off with his blue hair, and found him heading towards the library.

"Draco!" you called out to him, running to catch up, but he didn't turn around. "Draco please!"

At you calling his name for the second time he stopped walking and turned to face you. "What do you want Y/L/N?"

Sighing, you swallowed your pride and looked him in the eye. "I wanted to ask if you'd like to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

He stayed silent for a few moments whilst looking at you in pure shock.

His silence made you uncomfortable, so you quickly tried to cover your back. "Unless you've already got someone to go with, I wouldn't want to-"

"No!" he interrupted you in a very un-Draco fashion. "I mean, no, no one has asked me yet," he clarified and then crossed his arms, looking at you with a masked expression. "Yes, I'll go with you Y/L/N, just don't embarrass me with the dancing, yes?"

And with that he stalked off, heading back in the direction of the library, whilst you were left stunned at the fact he had said yes.

~*~

Written by Hannah