Molly Prewett- Potion (a)

Of course, you couldn't wait to leave Hogwarts, the whole 'education' thing really wasn't your go to and you were far too late to the party to start actually trying. You had managed to cruise through the first few years, and you were more than happy now to stay suckling off the back of your peers like some bloodsucking parasite.

"Working by ourselves?" You scoffed as Molly plucked the required reagents from the table that sat at the front of the class. "I've never had to work by myself, I don't know what I'm doing, I could get seriously hurt."

"Did you do the homework that was set last time? It ran perfectly clear through every step and precaution needed to craft this potion." She sat the first handful of ingredients down, you had at least attended every single potion class since you started, and you still had absolutely no idea what any of these were. "Obviously, you did not do the homework, well this is a fantastic lesson to teach you that you should pay attention and do your homework."

"Alright mom." She quickly dropped the last of the small bowls and vials on the table before rising her hand and smacking it across the back of your head. "Look are you going to help me or not?"

"No." She crossed her arms stubbornly. "I have a chance at a good grade here, I'm not going to let you ruin it for me." Obstinately she turned around but still kept a sly eye on what you were doing. "Now chop chop, we both need to get this done so hurry up."

Even peering around the classroom proved frivolous, it was impossible to tell what even the closest pair was doing, there were no books dotted around, no helpful posters taped to the wall, nothing.

"I'm sure that if you just give me... the first step it will all just come flooding back to me."

"Well quite obviously, the first thing you're going to do is turn your burner on and you're going to heat some water up." The flame under the pewter cauldron slowly came to life and from the large flask you poured a hefty amount of water. "Are you brewing a potion or making a soup? I said some water, they could refill the great lake with all that."

"Look, do you want to criticise, or do you just want to do it for me? I know it'll be a hell of a lot faster if you just do it."

~*~

Written by Aaron.