Hermione Granger- Love (c)

You and Hermione had been dating for several months and truthfully it was some of the best months of your life. She made you very happy and spending time with her helped alleviate the stress of homework and classes that constantly piled up. The two of you spent all of your free time together, either doing work for class or just talking and enjoying each other's company. At first it seemed like there wasn't anything that could get in the way of your happiness but soon Hermione started to go into herself and struggled to be as open with you as you were with her. You didn't want to question it, but you needed to remind her how much you cared for her.

It was a nervous moment when you finally admitted that you loved her, but you didn't expect for her to react the way that she did. Her face dropped with the three words that you said, and tears brimmed in her eyes. You had no idea what had caused her to get so upset, assuming that she would be rather happy to know that her girlfriend loved her, but this was a peculiar reaction.

"Hermione?" You questioned.

She looked up at you with a teary expression, an offended expression up at you.

"Is this a prank?" She croaked, trying to hold back the tears that fought to fall. "You must be lying. No one could ever love me-"

As you realised what was causing her to be upset you couldn't help but find it daft. Of course, you loved her with all of your heart, and you would keep assuring her of the fact and hopefully convince her of the truth. The first thing you could think of was kissing her, so you did, you cut off her words by pressing your lips to hers.

You pulled away to reveal her shocked expression.

"It's not a prank, Hermione," you assured her. "I love you dearly and you should never doubt that."

"I just don't know how someone like you could ever love someone like me," she whispered.

"Because you are perfect Hermione Granger. I love you and I am going to love you no matter whether you can see that fact. You may doubt how I feel but it has never been a doubt for me and hopefully one of these days you will see that too."

She offered you a gentle smile as she pressed her lips to your cheek, feeling slightly embarrassed by her doubt.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.