James Potter- Brother (c)

Y/N/N- Your Nickname

The common room wasn't the quietest place, but it was an alright place to get some reading done. You settled into the armchair by the fire and begun to read one of your textbooks that you needed to get through a couple of chapters for your transfiguration class. It wasn't the most interesting thing to read but it was something to keep your attention. You were a fair way through your assigned reading when the chair shifted as someone sat on the arm of the chair. You barely looked up from the page when you realised it was your older brother so went back to reading.

"What are you doing, Y/N/N?" He said cheerfully, pressing his lips to the top of your head.

You paused what you were doing completely shocked by the actions. They were kind and sweet, two words you would never describe James as.

"Did you just kiss me?" You frowned.

"Can't I kiss my little sister on the head?" He asked, looking insulted by your question.

"Not without a motive."

You closed your book so that you could focus on your brother and figure what he was up to. James wasn't a mean brother, but he certainly wasn't sweet, this was completely out of character and you wanted to know what the hell was going on.

"I'm just trying to be nice to my baby sister."

Shaking your head, you scrunched up your nose. "You also never call me Y/N/N, I usually get a name that is an insult or has a swear word in it somewhere. What are you up to?"

He tried to smile innocently but your penetrating glare made the smile disappear. James let out a sigh realising that he had been rumbled and needed to tell you the truth.

"Fine," he huffed. "I need you to do me a favour."

"And why would I do that?" You questioned. "The last time you did something for me was when I was five and you handed me the ketchup without putting some on my face."

James gave you an innocent smile, realising how he didn't really do much for you, but he needed your help anyway.

"Come on Y/N," he sighed. "I need your help."

"What do you want?"

He grinned at you. "You know that you're friends with Lily Evans."

You rolled your eyes. "Not again."

"Could you put in a good word for me?" He asked.

You let out a sigh before standing up to walk away. Sometimes your brother was too much for you and when he was asking you to talk to his crush for him generally made you feel that way.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.