Hermione Granger- Bravery (c)

One thing that was certain when being at Hogwarts was that you would doubt yourself for being in whichever house you had been put into- it was inevitable. Most of the time you felt perfectly secure in the house you had been placed into at age eleven but at some point, you wouldn't feel like you fit in there as everyone changed and being confined to some menial words sometimes didn't work. Every Hufflepuff didn't feel kind enough, every Ravenclaw didn't feel wise enough, every Slytherin didn't feel ambitious enough and in Hermione's circumstance as a Gryffindor, she didn't feel brave enough.

In your third year, you had felt inadequate for your house so when a few years later, your girlfriend didn't feel right for her house, you were there to support her through it all. You knew that she was brave and courageous, but self-doubt was something that could hit anyone and was currently doing its best to drag Hermione down.

With the talk of the war that was around the corner and Harry's hero complex, it was hard for any other Gryffindor to truly feel as brave as their house said they should be.

"I shouldn't be in Gryffindor," she whispered, trying not to let her emotions fully escape.

"The sorting hat doesn't make mistakes," you assured her. "You are in your house for a reason."

She shook her head. "I lack courage and I lack bravery. I don't even know how I got into Gryffindor."

You held onto her tight and pressed a gentle kiss to her temple. She was one of the bravest people you knew but that didn't mean she had to be brave all the time.

"Being brave doesn't mean that you lack fear, it means that you keep fighting regardless," you said softly. "You are the bravest person I know, Hermione Granger, and I believe in you. You are allowed to not feel perfect, but you can't let that keep you from being yourself."

"Why are you so nice to me?" She sighed.

"Because I love you with all of my heart and my job as your girlfriend is to make sure that you know how amazing you are no matter how little you believe it. No matter how low you feel or anything that you feel you lack, I will always be here to make sure you are able to see all the great things about you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.