Fred Weasley- Break (c)

When you began helping Fred and George with the shop, you were pleasantly surprised by how business savvy they were, happily doing all the boring behind the scenes work in hand with the fun testing of new products. You had half expected them to pile all the boring financial work onto you as Fred's girlfriend who was being paid mainly in kindness than galleons.

The productivity did wane with time, as was expected. The excited glow was dimming, leaving the reality of owning their own business at the forefront of everyone's minds. They were doing their best to stay on top of the work, but as everyone did, sometimes the work dulled on for too long and you needed an escape.

You had entered the back office of the shop to pop by and say hello to your boyfriend whilst he was meant to be filing paperwork and filling in the order forms for suppliers that had meant to be sent off yesterday. When you saw the redhead, he looked as though he was struggling to keep his eyes open, the quill in his hand beginning to fall from his fingertips.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

Fred's head snapped up, excited to see you there for even a second of a break from the work he was meant to be doing.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you're here," he beamed, opening his arms for you.

You happily obliged, plonking yourself down on his lap for a quick hug, not wanting to be getting in the way of what was needed.

"I wish you were always this happy to see me," you laughed, playfully shoving his shoulder.

Fred rolled his eyes. When you went to stand back up, having expected this to be just a flying visit, his arms tightened around you, forbidding you from escaping.

"Very funny," you chuckled. "But I also have work to do, and this paperwork isn't going to finish itself."

He dramatically jutted out his lower lip, attempting to look as pathetic and pitiful as he possibly could. "Can we just cuddle and pretend we have nothing to do?"

You offered him a sympathetic smile as you leaned in to press a kiss to his forehead. You pulled at his arms and escaped the embrace, only gaining a more pathetically sad expression from Fred.

"Or you could finish your work and then we can cuddle?"

Before he could argue any further, you fled the office to leave him to his work.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.