Peggy Schuyler- Beautiful (c)

You had been a guest at more balls and parties than you wished to admit but still you attended to appease your parents in the attempt to find you a husband, regardless of the fact that you were not attracted to men. You arrived at the ball at the Schuyler's residence and danced with men that wished for your hand and you couldn't care less about until you took a rest by a wall to stay out of the way of the dancing masses.

Your plan was to stay off to the side-lines until another desperate man asked for your hand and you would have to be polite and dance with him until you could excuse yourself again. For once you were lucky though as two women approached you instead of a man.

"Madam," the older of the two women smiled. "Angelica Schuyler."

She held out a hand to you for you to shake. You did so although your eyes were fixed onto the younger of the two that stood slightly behind the other with a shy, gentle smile upon her face.

"Y/F/N Y/S/N," you responded in the same cheery expression.

"May I introduce my youngest sister, Margarita Schuyler," she said, gesturing to the younger woman behind her.

"Peggy," the second woman piped up, giving her sister as stern of an expression as she could muster.

You held your hand out to the second woman as you curtseyed. "The pleasure is mine."

"I'll leave you too it."

Angelica grinned at the two of you, winking at her younger sister before rushing off back into the crowd. She kept an eye on the two of you and hoped neither of you would notice but she was far from subtle about watching and staying within earshot.

"My apologies," Peggy said "I told my sister that I thought you were beautiful, and she enjoys playing matchmaker. Ever since she introduced my sister Eliza to her now husband, Angelica has believed it is her mission to find me a spouse as well."

You were in awestruck. How could someone so stunning consider you beautiful?

"You think I'm beautiful?" You asked as your cheeks begun to become rosy.

She let out a gentle laugh. "Of course, I am not blind."

You raised her hand to your lips to kiss the reverse of her knuckles.

"Thank you. I shall take that as the truest of compliments coming from the most beautiful women at this ball."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.