Lafayette- Camp (a)

Under the veil of the stars you darted across the tents, avoiding anything that might cause noise in the British encampment before finding the correct tent. Marked with a small triangle scratched into the side.

"I do not understand it." You remarked, closing the flap of the tent and making sure nobody saw you enter.

"Nobody followed you, did they?" He asked, taking a large swig from a hidden hip flask and rushing you in.

"I am supposed to be here, the question is did anybody see you come in?" Lafayette laughed quietly.

"Of course, nobody saw me come in. I am Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, a true master of subtlety." He flicked one arm behind him, the other sat across his chest as he bowed gently towards the dirt floor. Before he arose you had already started to make your way to him, as he got back to a standing position your lips had already locked and your hands moved quickly along his back and his head.

"We should not be doing this, non?" He asked, caressing your cheeks with his gentle finger.

"You fight for America, I fight for England. But love is love and you know that if I could fight your fight I would." Lafayette smiled delicately and briefly looked towards the ground before his gaze met yours. "Lafayette. Everybody keeps telling me that you're the bad guy. Your name makes its way around camps like this across the country. You are not a hero here. You are a villain. The soldiers write to the children as if you are some sort of monster that grabs you in the night. But I know that is not you. I know that you are sweet and gentle and kind. I know that you are only part of this war because you know what you are doing is right."

"Mon amour..." he interjected "...if we are caught then you know what they will do to us. We will..." You placed your finger over his soft lips.

"You have seen the war. There is a good chance that neither of us will make it out alive anyway, so we may as well make the most of it while we live. I know you Lafayette, we must live in the now, nobody knows what the future holds so please. Just kiss me, you can not stay much longer.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Requested by