Angelica Schuyler- Lafayette (c)

You had been visiting family in America when the revolution hit, befriending the revolutionaries, and also an open-minded independent woman Angelica Schuyler, travelling back to London with her and her newly married husband John. You sent letters to your friends from America, including Lafayette whom had headed back to France to help the revolution that had begun there. As an English woman the American revolutionaries never believed you would support them let alone play a vital role in the war helping them to freedom, and now you and your dear friend were helping France follow in their footsteps.

News had come to London that the Frenchman you deemed a friend was being held captive in a French prison by the people of France due to his nobility status. Although you were in London, you felt the need to help, the road was uneven, and it was certainly dangerous for anyone with a title in France, you feared for what would happen to him.

You had been asked to meet Angelica and John in a pub near to your home to discuss what you would be able to do to help. When you arrived, you saw the couple sat in the corner of the room at a table which you hastily made your way to. You took a seat with them.

"Good afternoon Angelica, John," you smiled softly.

"Afternoon," Angelica smiled as her husband nodded towards you.

Most husbands would forbid their wife getting involved in such matters as politics international affairs, but Angelica had a strong will and it was easier for everyone if John let her do as she pleased.

"What news has arrived for the Marquis?" You questioned.

Letters would arrive to John mainly, with information being passed on to Angelica and yourself. Very few British men wanted involvement in the French revolution, with women not being given an option. To help Lafayette it would be down to the three of you and maybe other helping along the way.

"He is being held still in prison. The people have killed Marie Antoinette and the king, it does not look good," Angelica explained.

"We must go to France," you stated. "Have you shared word with Mr Hamilton back in America?"

"I wrote to Eliza, she says that Alexander has no interest in helping France, he is busy fighting amongst his own people. Alexander could always find a fight, he has too many of his own to care for anyone else's currently," she explained.

"However, we cannot travel to France. It would not be safe," John stated.

You shook your head and could tell that Angelica wanted to travel to mainland Europe too.

"John it may be dangerous however they have already killed their king and Marie Antoinette, what would make you think that Lafayette would not be in danger also."

John knew that once Angelica's mind was on something it was hard, if not impossible, to ever change her mind, so the discussion came off of whether to go to France but when.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.