Feelings- Alexander Hamilton: Part 2 (c)

You didn't see Alexander for the rest of the Winters Ball. He spent the whole time talking with the Schuyler sisters and from the smile on his face he was enjoying the conversation more than he enjoyed any time with you.

After the Ball, Alexander always had excuses to be out of the house and was spending more time writing than he normally did, which was almost impossible seen as he spent all of his time writing. Any time that he tried to spend with you, you struggled to treat him the same, feeling as though you were losing him and feeling terrible for being so selfish over the matter. It all became too much when Alexander decided to call you out on the coldness that he was feeling from you.

"Have I done something wrong?" He asked. "I know that I am rather insensitive and generally don't pay attention to other people's feelings, but I thought we were friends, you usually tell me when I'm being a dick."

You shrugged your shoulders, not wanting to say anything that would reveal how you felt as you knew it wasn't the same way that he felt.

"Come on Y/N," he said pushing the paper you had been working on out of your view, so you had to pay attention to him.

"Please drop it Alex," you whispered, your emotions starting to bubble to the forefront of your mind.

He held your cheek gently, forcing you to look at him. How the hell were you meant to deny your feelings when he wouldn't drop the subject?

"Tell me what I've done wrong!" He demanded.

"I'm in love with you goddammit," you exclaimed. "I've been in love with you since we first met but you seem to have loved John more than you could have ever loved me."

Alexander seemed taken aback by your comment. He seemed to have been completely oblivious to your feelings towards him even though you had been struggling to not make your feelings clear.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" He whispered.

"I didn't want to ruin our friendship but its too late for that now," you frowned. "I knew you never loved me back, so I didn't see the point in saying anything."

He let out a sigh, rubbing his eyes.

"I did though," he sighed. "I did love you, but you never seemed to feel the same. I just wish you had said something sooner but it's just too late now."

"What do you mean?" You croaked, not realising how much pain it would cause you.

"I'm courting Elizabeth Schuyler."

Yourheart sunk as you realised you had ruined any chance you could have had withthe man you had desperately been in love with.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.