Angelica Schuyler- Forbidden Love (c)

"Thank you, Matilda."

Your servant placed the silver tray onto the table with your tea and sandwiches that you were to have whilst your husband discussed business. Your husband was in business with John Church, the husband of your dear friend Angelica. The two of you often were left to have tea, expected to be polite and quiet whilst your husbands discussed the elements of most importance to their business. Today's business discussion was to be held in the drafting room of your home, whilst you and Angelica were on the patio.

"Please do not disturb us, unless it is a matter of most importance," you stated firmly, pouring milk into your tea cup. "Do draw the curtains, we wish for some privacy."

"Yes ma'am."

Your servant nodded her head before leaving the two of you on the patio, drawing the curtains so that they and the tall hedges, kept you and Angelica blocked from anyone's view. You waited a moment to make sure your servant was not going to return before you turned to Angelica.

A gentle smile curled onto her lips, but it was quickly hidden when your lips covered hers. A passionate kiss was shared between the two of you. Even though you were two married women, it was hard to hide your love for each other. Of course, your husbands didn't know of your indiscretion, no one did but it was impossible to deny how your heart sung for Angelica.

Your hand caressed her reddened cheek. "My apologies for our time apart, I wish our meetings weren't so few and far in between."

She gave you a soft smile, moving her hand up to rest upon yours. Your husband had decided that the two of you were to visit his family a fair distance away, meaning you were forbidden to see the woman you loved.

"It is not your fault, my love. I have missed your dearly, but it makes these moments far more precious."

"I do wish I could be with you rather than Y/H/N. He is nothing compared to you. It is an unfair fate to love a woman in a world where I am shamed for having such a love."

She gave your hand a comforting squeeze.

"It will be fine, my love. It isn't an ideal circumstance; we will prevail one day. It is wrong for love to be contained by law, and one day it shall not be. Until that day I will savour every moment I get with you."

"Your heart is far too pure for this world Angelica."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by