Eliza Schuyler- Walk (c)

You had been in a relationship with Eliza for a few years and one of your favourite times together was Christmas. You were happy together all year round but having the festive buzz around you made everything seem better and you also enjoyed spending time with your other loved ones to celebrate the time of year. Since the two of you had been together, your plans for Christmas day were the same and you were beyond happy with them as you were just glad to be with the woman that you loved.

The two of you had gotten ready together and had pre-planned your outfits weeks earlier of perfectly sewn gowns that matched in festive red and green. You had fallen in love with them as soon as they had been made and had been very excited for the two of you to finally be able to wear them. It had upset you when you saw the thick snow outside and that you were going to have to walk to her parent's house down the street, but you were both prepared to layer thick undergarments and jackets to help brave the weather on your walk.

Even with the extra layers, the two of you had to hold onto each other's hands tightly as you trudged through the thick snow.

"I do hope that your parents have the fire roaring," you shivered. "I think I may lose my feet if I do not get these boots off and sit in front of a fire."

Eliza chuckled, her breath in visible clouds in front of her face.

"They always do. I'm sure we will have time to warm up before dinner is served as we will need to have my sisters open these gifts before we eat."

You tightened your grip on her hand, partially to try and support yourself from slipping in the ice and snow but also to keep your hand warmed by hers to keep try and keep feeling in your fingertips.

"It's going to be nice to eat something warm," you smiled warmly.

"Soon," Eliza assured you. "Luckily they only live within walking distance as I do not believe the carriage could get through this snow."

You nodded your head, doubting your ability to walk in the snow, let alone get the carriages through it all.

"It does feel so much longer in the snow than when we normally walk there," you admitted.

"It'll only be a couple more minutes and we'll be by the fire."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.