Marquis de Lafayette- Redcoat (a)

The hustle and bustle of the English encampment could be seen from miles away, flickering torches lit the way to the tent which sat in the middle of the field. Two patrolling redcoats waved you through and into the temporary command centre, the makeshift base of the British forces. As a moderately successful officer in King George's army, nobody would have any reason to suspect that you were not only helping the rebel scum, but you were also settling into a dangerous relationship with one of them.

"That uniform looks good on you, the red really brings out your eyes." You spoke under hushed breath as Lafayette, or Charlie Jones as he was known to the redcoats, stared intently over a map of British forces.

"It is okay." He slipped into his best British accent as his hand slid over and onto yours. "It is a bit uncomfortable but, it will do for now. Let me take it back to France with me, I will show you how good a uniform can look."

"Speaking of France." You wrapped your arm around his back and guided him out of the tent and into the harsh wind. "Did you manage to get that information up to Washington?" He smiled and nodded.

"How do you know that when the revolution takes the country, I'll be spared?" It had been a constant worry since you and Lafayette had met those many moons ago, merely stumbling into each other on the camps perimeters but something in both of you rendered you unable to shoot.

"Just come with me now... Washington, Hamilton, they all know how much help you've been. They trust you and more importantly they trust me."

"I am far more use for the cause when I wear red. Here, take this." You rammed a piece of paper into his pocket, an outline of all the recent movements for British forces detailed with where they had been and where they were going. "I just want to know I'll be safe when we win."

"I will give you warning, I will come and get you the day before we siege. If anybody ever wanted to hurt you, they would have to get through me first." The two of you chuckled, he checked nobody was watching before pushing you behind a row of nearby trees and following suit. "Just promise me you won't put yourself into danger getting this information."

"Your lips are much more dangerous than any of those men." His hand reached up and caressed your cheek and his lips moved closer to yours.

~*~

Written by Aaron.