Philip Hamilton- Duel (a)

"I just don't know what to do? This isn't exactly something that I am well versed in Y/N."

Phillip sat at the desk and slung his head into his hands, his nose was stuck into a book that contained very in-depth knowledge about duelling.

"Look." You tried to encourage Philip. "Why don't you just go to Eacker, try and talk things through. This doesn't have to end in bloodshed and trying to settle things diplomatically does not make you less of a man. I'm sure that your father would rather you come back alive."

"So what?..." Philip swung his arms in the air "I just give up and throw away mine and my father's honour? Make the Hamilton family the laughing stock of New York city? Cost him his seat in congress? I think not! Did you hear what he said about my father?"

He began to pace backwards and forwards, rubbing his hairless chin and scanning for more books, somehow he hoped to obtain perfect duelling technique with an afternoon and access to his fathers library.

"Maybe if I-... No that wont work. But maybe If I-Ahha!" He stopped pacing and stuck his finger into the air. "Maybe I can go to father and get some advice from him. He always talks about his many duels, I'm sure he can teach me to shoot straight!."

"I think if you are set on taking part in this barbaric ritual going to your father isn't the best idea. Any half-decent parent will try and prevent their child from being shot in the torso."

Philip rolled his eyes and leaned back on the chair, resting his feet on the large oak table.

"Stop being ridiculous Y/N, I'm not going to get shot, Eacker is not man enough to actually pull the trigger. To be honest I doubt he even knows what a gun looks like. Besides, does he know who my father is?"

He flicked through more pages, each containing detailed paragraphs and intricate illustrations.

"I don't know about this Hammy, I'll be your number two but I can't say I think this is a good idea."

"Well, if I come out worse I guess ill be the one who has to deal with the consequences, the last thing I can do is let my father and mother down, some of us have a legacy to protect, and protect it I shall."

~*~

Written by Aaron.