Aaron Burr- Retaliate (c)

Whenever you saw your husband Aaron in the same room as Alexander, you knew that the interaction was only mere moments before boiling point. Alexander was always ready to fight with his words and your husband tried his best to stay calm and not fall to his opponents' level but with every interaction he grew closer to snapping.

You noticed Aaron's jaw clenching to the point that you could imagine his teeth shattering under the pressure, so you decided it would be for the best to get him out of the situation before something terrible happened and you would have to explain how Alexander Hamilton got murdered. You apologised to the man and asked if he could excuse you and your husband as due to your pregnancy, you were feeling unwell and needed to be escorted home. Of course, Alexander accepted your excusal and bid the two of you farewell so that you could drag your husband from the room to get him some fresh air.

Once you were far enough away from the room with Hamilton in it, Aaron stopped, looking at you concerned.

"Are you okay?" he asked pressed the reverse of his hand to your forehead to see if you were feverish.

"I am fine, my love," you smiled softly. "But I couldn't imagine the two of you would be if you stayed in the room together for much longer. He is a very exasperating man to be around, I knew your patience was wearing thin."

Aaron let out a gentle laugh, leaning in to press a gentle kiss to your cheek.

"You are too kind," he chuckled. "You both inspire me to be a better person and not act so frivolously like he does."

He reached to rest a hand onto your ever-growing stomach, gaining a reaction from the unborn child within you, kicking against his hand.

"I am proud you did not retaliate to him," you said. "It would be a very sullen experience to take our new-born to a penitentiary to visit their father who is being held for murder."

"I shall never fall so low, even if it is just to be able to come home to you and our child at the end of every day. I will never throw away that privilege to have the best wife and I am sure the best child."

You gave his hand a squeeze as you smiled at the man you married. He was a goodhearted man even if politics and law could bring out a part of him he wished to hide.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.