Lafayette- A Small Present (a)

Lafayette kicked the door of the Hamilton household open, stumbling out into the swirling snow he made his way into the dark streets.

"Laf.." you called out "wait for me, you're going to get yourself hurt again."

You turned around, said bye to the guys and closed the door, drowning out the festivities of the Christmas celebrations, the newly found cold instantly chilled your nose and fingertips. Lafayette turned to you and slowly lifted his finger into the air, keeping it at around head height. He had had... a fair few to drink more than normal and somehow you had been given the job of getting him home safely.

"Pfft, I will be fine mon amie," he started to walk backwards towards the large gate that swung back and forth in the winter winds. His speech slow and slurred and his finger still waving in the air. "This is *hic* me you are talking abo-" his heel caught a mound of snow, sending his cascading backwards. His legs stuck in the air as he rested in his icy nest.

Somehow, you managed to contain your laughter, he did not, and loud chuckles roared from beyond the snow.

"Come on Y/N... do not be a tête de noeud, my ass is getting numb."

You leant him a hand, he grabbed onto it and pulled himself up before stumbling into you, his prickly, unkempt mane bristled into your cheek. Ungracefully he pushed himself off you and brushed the snow off of his backside before continuing to stumble down the dimly lit street, dodging the piles of discarded bottles and children's shoddily made snowmen.

Kicking apart a small pile of snow he turned to you.

"Y/N... *hic* I like you, I got you a little something for our first Christmas together." He squinted his eyes and closed two fingers together in front of them.

"What is it?" You replied, rolling your eyes and crossing your arms in front of you.

He started to methodically search through the pockets of his jacket and trousers, his tongue stuck out as he moved from pocket to pocket.

"Oh... here it is..." he pulled his hand out of his pocket, revealing an extended middle finger held up to your general direction.

"Thanks Laf... thanks a lot... you know you are a fucking idiot right?" He turned and kept making his way down the street, letting a feint "Oui."

~*~
Written by Aaron