George Washington- Tent (a)

You sat in your tent, fiddling with your rifle, your fellow revolutionaries danced with joy as they received letters and boxes of gifts from various family and friends. As a rebellious orphan your remaining family and friends were sparse and fairly non-existent. The revolution was your last chance at making a name for yourself, giving yourself some sort of legacy.

The flaps of your tent peeled back to reveal General Washington, standing tall and proud as he always did. His royal blue jacket swirling in the wind behind him as he called out your name.

"Y/S/N." he beckoned, scanning the tent before you before locking his gaze upon yours.

"My tent, now." You stood up and straightened your uniform, awaiting your fate. You felt the gaze and stares of your brothers in arms on the back of your head as you left the scarcely decorated tent and followed the large footsteps of General Washington that he had left in the crisp snow that lead up to his personal tent.

His tent was much larger than the rest and a great deal more lavishly decorated, which was not difficult. Candles flickered and lined tables and chairs lined the sides of the tent, his chair headed the tent, a much larger table sat in front of it with small figures of horses and soldiers placed on a large map. General Washington sat in the chair, leaning back. He dusted the hat which he wore with such pride sat in his hands as his fingertips tapped around the edges, wiping off any snow that had fell onto it.

As you approached he placed the hat back onto his round head and smiled at you, inviting you to sit down.

"Have I done something wrong sir?"

"No Y/S/N, tell me, can you keep a secret?"

"Uumm... yes sir? What is it?"

"Don't tell the others about this." As he spoke he pulled out a small brown package from his regal jacket, an icy blue ribbon tied around it rested delicately on top.

"What is it sir?" Washington leant back in his chair and rested his hands behind his head, chuckling he responded.

"Why don't you open it and find out?"

Lightly tugging on the ribbon, the whole package fell apart in your hands, the paper fell to the floor revealing a snow globe. Swirling and dancing snow flickered around a rearing horse.

"It's beautiful sir."

~*~

Written by Aaron.