George Washington- Children (c)

Most days that your husband George went out to work, he came home tired and stressed which only became worst if his treasury secretary and the secretary of state were there as they acted as though they were still boys, bickering more so than toddlers did. Today was no different. Bags under his eyes and his shoulders slumped, he entered your home taking himself straight to your lounge, collapsing into the armchair.

You made your way straight to his side, apologetic for the hellish wok he went through with the two men. There was no doubt that they were both brilliant and would do many amazing things in their lives but that didn't make them any less aggravating to spend time with. George did his best, taking a fatherly role with them both but they pushed his limits and were constantly at each other's throats.

"Bad day, my love?" You asked, bringing him a glass of wine.

He took a sip of it, nodding his head. He stretched himself out as you sat down in the chair next to his, letting your focus fall upon him.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, reaching out to take his hand within yours.

"It is not your fault," he sighed. "They are great men, but they certainly do not act in such a manner. It is like having two children."

"Well, maybe soon you shall know what that is truly like," you smiled sweetly, offering him the information to question further.

He seemed rather confused as he cocked an eyebrow at you, having no idea what you were talking about.

"Pardon?"

"Soon you may have a child at home to care for, not simply those whom work with you," you smiled, trying not to show your truest joy that you held within you.

Once again, he took a moment to see what you had meant by your words but this time a grin flew upon his face, making it look as though he hadn't been as tired as he had when he walked through the front door.

"You cannot be telling the truth," he said, jumping up to his feet.

"But I am George," you smiled, joining him on your feet.

"You are with child?" He whispered, letting his hand trail down to your stomach that would soon swell.

You nodded your head. Before you were able to say anything more, he pulled you to him, pressing a passionate kiss to your lips.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you too, George."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.