Hercules Mulligan- Dress (a)

You rolled over in your bed, a bushy-tailed, bright eyed Hercules lay next to you.

"Finally." He groaned. "I have been trying to get you up for hours, come on, its Christmas!".

He shot out of bed and ran around to your side before kneeling at your side.

"Come on, come on, it's our first Christmas together now wake up before I carry you down those damn stairs."

Wiping the sleep out of your eyes you stood up and kicked your grey, fluffy slippers onto your feet, but by the time you had yawned and stretched Herc had already made it down the stairs and was shouting from the bottom.

"Hey... don't make me come and get you." He bellowed.

You slowly walked down the stairs whilst trying to tidy up your awful bedhead.

You noticed Herc leant over the oven as you turned into the kitchen.

"I'm making your favourite, this is going to be the best damn Christmas ever, now sit at the table, ill bring it over."

Herc brought over a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, which he anticipatingly glared at you whilst you ate.

"Are you forgetting something? Something that happens every morning?" He looked puzzled for just a moment before coming to an obvious realisation.

"Oohh, sorry darling..." he briskly walked over to you as you sat eating the breakfast, he was far from the best cook, but every meal was made with love, care and attention. He stood behind you and tucked his arms under yours, hugging your stomach and kissing your forehead.

"Good morning darling, I love you."

"I love you too honey... I guess there is a present you want me to open?"

His eyes shifted shadily from side to side.

"Maybe..." he darted off into a side room, before coming out with a large gift, shoddily wrapped in dark brown paper. Much like the cooking, the wrapping wasn't... perfect but you can tell it was done with a devout love and adoration. He quickly thrusted it towards you.

"Open it, open it, open it, open it."

"Okay... okay Herc, give me a second."

You tugged at the paper and caught sight of what was inside. A sheet of luxurious red material. It grazed your hand, it was incredibly smooth and silky, you ravaged off the remaining sheets of paper to reveal a large ball gown, it was beautiful and flowing.

"Herc... where did you buy this?" You couldn't help but smile.

"I didn't buy it... I made it."

~*~

Written by Aaron.