Eliza Schuyler- Guests (a)

You stood next to Angelica, Eliza and Peggy, brushing off drunken guests as they attempted to gracefully glide past you but instead just ended up knocking you countless times, sending your drink sloshing onto the floor.

"I hate daddy's parties." Peggy remarked, her arms crossed and her face stale.

"Oh, it isn't that bad." Angelica replied, ruffling her younger sister's hair. "Just enjoy it, it isn't often daddy throws a party this big. Maybe try finding yourself a man? I have seen you eyeing up that guy over there."

Peggy blushed and looked down at the floor, grinning like a madwoman to herself, trying to hide it but failing miserably.

"Speaking of men Eliza..." you glanced at her, "...anybody here you like?"

She let out a deep sigh,

"No... everybody here is just somebody trying to suck up to daddy, or they are just daddy's old, rich friends."

In the middle of her response, the door flew open and group of men strolled in, dissipating into the crowd as Eliza stood there in shock and disbelief, her eyes tracking one member of the new party guests as he walked around the room.

Angelica did the same, but instead of just staring at the man, akin to a stalker, she walked over and the two instantly became locked in conversation. The man in question was of slightly below average height, his dark brown hair tied into a ponytail. He was incredibly handsome and walked into the hall with a surplus of confidence.

Eliza did nothing but let out a small 'woah', before turning on her heels to you with a glimmer in her eye, facing away from the new party guests.

"My god." She said.

"So... what's that about everyone here just being one of daddy's old, rich friends?"

"Oh..." she fumbled her words and clenched her fists at her side "...shut up Y/N."

She breathed heavily in and out.

"How do I look?"

"What?"

"I said, how do I look?"

She methodically adjusted her hair, her tongue stuck out and she squinted her one eye as her hands reached behind her head before moving around her dress to flatten out any creases that may have appeared.

"I'm going to talk to him." Her eyes opened widely

"Go for it." You shrugged your shoulders.

"I said I'm going to talk to him, don't try and stop me."

The mystery guest stopped talking to Angelica and began to force his way through the crowd to you and Eliza.

"I'm not trying to stop you, but if you are going to talk to him you may want to hurry up, because it looks like he is walking over here to talk to you."

As the last set of words escaped your mouth she turned a rather amusing shade of pale.

"What did you just say?"

"I said he's walking over here, I think he's actually looking at you."

"Y/N... If I feint... can you catch me?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.