Angelica Schuyler- Cheat (a)

Angelica barged into the room, tears ran down her cheek and cascaded onto the cold, wooden floor.

"Woah, woah, what's happened?" You ran over to her and caught her in your arms, she wrapped her arms around you and she appeared to squeeze as hard as she could.

"He's cheated on her... I knew it, I damn knew he was bad for her, bad for us." You just managed to make out what she was saying through the tears. "He cheated on her and he told the whole damn world what he had done, I never should have introduced her to him, it's all my fault.

"I need to leave..." she just about managed to say, her voice was shaky and timid, which was very abnormal as she pushed herself off of you "...I need to be with Eliza." She threw a bag onto the table and started to ram what seemed like random items into it. Some clothes, some shoes and whatever essentials she thought she might need for a long journey.

"Angie..." she didn't stop stuffing things into her bag, she didn't even stop to acknowledge that you had spoken to her "Angelica!" She stopped and her head turned.

"WHAT?" She shouted and snapped, which she had never done before. Her bottom lip began trembling even more as she continued to throw things to pack, occasionally stopping to wipe away tears.

You walked behind her and grabbed her hand, it was shaking tremendously, as was the rest of her body.

"It's okay." You caressed her soft cheek with your hand, as she lightly grasped onto your fingertips, she stopped shaking. She turned around and her hands fell to her side and swayed slowly. She burrowed her head into your neck and began to weep uncontrollably, leaving a big wet patch on your pyjama shirt.

"Well get the first boat we can to New York, go upstairs and pick out some clothes. You need more than two frocks for such a long journey. Write to Eliza after and tell her that we will be there as soon as we can..." She nodded and clutched her arms tightly around you "... well be there for her honey. Just like I will be here for you... now go on... get some stuff to pack."

Angelica ran up the set of creaky stairs, still quietly sobbing to herself and cursing Alexander's name.

~*~

Written by Aaron.