Alexander Hamilton- Sunrise (c)

When you first met Alexander, you knew that his ambitions lay within the war effort, and it wasn't a surprise when he told you that he was going to join the fight. Even though it was clearly only a matter of time before he, like all other men, were to be sent off to fight the British, it didn't make it any easier to say goodbye to him, knowing you may not ever see him again.

You tried to make the most of the time you did have with him, and when the day he was to head off arrived, you couldn't bear the pain that you felt. You had awoken early in the morning to spend the most time you could with him, letting him get ready before walking the gardens of your home up to the hill far out in the grounds to take a seat under the lone tree. Normally you'd worry about the mildew on your skirts, or the fact the sun hadn't risen as of yet, but with your husband's life now more on the line than his personality called for on a daily basis, something so trivial didn't matter.

Alexander held onto your hand tight as you rested your head on his shoulder. He wouldn't admit that there was a twinge of panic inside of him but decided to bury it all down to keep his confidence at the forefront.

"I should be heading off," he sighed.

Although he was desperate to join the fight, he did feel guilt about leaving you here on your own, especially if the worst was to happen to him.

"Please don't go," you whispered. "Just give me until sunrise."

He needed to get going really or he would be late, but he didn't want to upset you any further than his leaving did on its own.

"I promise you that I will return to you," he said, rubbing circles on the back of your hand with his thumb. "It shall not last that long."

"Do not give me false hope, Alexander," you frowned. "I trust you will not do anything stupid, however you cannot promise me something you have no control over. Do not ruin this moment for me."

For once Alexander seized to talk, letting the two of you sit in the silent bliss until the sun begun to peak over the horizon, indicating that he was to finally leave you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.