Marquis de Lafayette- Beauty (c)

Being a guest at lavish parties was an honour and something you enjoyed but as the night went on, you needed a breath of fresh air. You mentioned this to your date, Lafayette, and he was more than happy to escort you out to the gardens of the property and take a break from the music and dancing that was occurring inside. You had only briefly met the hosts of the party, a friend of Lafayette's and someone who you had completely forgotten the name of but nevertheless, you were grateful to be invited even as the date of an actual invite.

The gardens were equally as well kept as the house you had been in. You kept your arm looped with your partners as you walked past the various flower beds and found a bench far enough from the party to only have the quiet hum of the music still floating around you.

"If you would like to return to the party, then please do not stay out here on my account," you said softly to your date not wanting to put a damper on the enjoyment he had.

"I would much rather stay by your side," he smiled gently. "I would hate to lose even a moment of your time."

You couldn't help the smile that curled onto your lips as you looked up at him. You didn't know how you got so lucky to be courting someone like him but it truly felt as though he was in love with you and you knew that you were in love with him and that was all you could ask for. Even though you had been courting for a short while, you weren't used to his flattering ways, so still tried your best to avoid his compliments and change the conversation.

"The night is so beautiful," you commented, trying to move the conversation away from yourself.

Lafayette took your hands within his, forcing you to look him in the eyes rather than wistfully looking off towards the sky.

"The night would shy away from your beauty," he said, lovingly looking you in the eye.

A grin crossed your face, not knowing how someone could be so nice and flattery. Before you were able to say anything, your lips were caught by his. As he pulled away his face mirrored your own, slightly shocked but happy and dazed.

"That smile was just too much for me."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.