Alexander Hamilton- Black Eye (c)

Your husband was commonly home late, but you hated to go to sleep knowing he wasn't there, so stayed up until he returned, sometimes that meant staying up until the sun rose. Luckily tonight wasn't one of those nights. You heard the front door open whilst the moon was still out in all of its glory and the fire was weakly burning.

He walked past the door into the lounge where you were sat. Quickly you followed after him into his study, where he took a seat behind his desk.

"Alexander, why are you home so late?" You asked.

"No reason," he said not looking up from the paper he pulled onto his desk.

You put your hand on top of the empty pages, giving him a stern glare. He looked up at you and you saw what you wouldn't have expected. Alexander looked as he normally did, tired and stressed but this time he had a large bruise covering his right eye.

"Who gave you that black eye?!" You demanded.

Alexander had more enemies than you could possibly count, and you were sure most of them wanted to hurt him or kill him however currently you weren't sure who had hit him or lead to him having a bruised face.

"Don't worry," he sighed.

You cocked an eyebrow at him. Granted you loved Alexander, but he was a complete idiot and you certainly wouldn't blame anyone if they decided to hit him, but you couldn't help wanting to know who had hurt him.

"Who did it Alex? Could you at least narrow it down to a possible ten?" You asked.

He shot you a glare, knowing it was a hard thing to narrow down when it came to the people who would want to hit him.

"Was it Jefferson?" You asked. "It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he hit you. Or Madison, he would have every reason to hit you. Maybe Burr but I can't imagine he'd have reacted so minimally and would have just killed you. Anyone really could have done it. It wouldn't even surprise me if Lafayette came back to America to punch you."

Once more you received a glare from your husband.

"I don't think that it would surprise me if I had been the one to hit you."

Alexander let out a sigh realising that he would have to tell you.

"Fine. I said something completely stupid and ended up hitting myself due to the idiocy of what I said," he sighed.

Somehow that didn't surprise you but still you couldn't help but laugh at him.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by